TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal talks shoe companies

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal talks shoe companies
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-16-2014 04:47 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what Cal means in this article. If someone does please explain.

Louisville Coach Rick Pitino talked for 10 minutes about the impact of shoe company affiliations on college basketball recruiting during a press conference last week.

On Thursday, UK Coach John Calipari got a question on the topic:

“When I first got started, my team was in Reebook. Then, we went to LA Gear. All I asked was, ‘Please don’t have us in the light-up shoes.’ They were very heavy. But we wore them. Then, my team went to Adidas. When we went to Adidas, I was somewhere and a guy looked at my shirt and it said ‘Adidas.’ (He said), ‘You’re with Adidas?! I didn’t know that.’ And I said, ‘They don’t either — know that we’re with them.’ And I’m with Nike. All I can tell you is it’s not had an effect on how I’ve done the job. So … I would even like to tell you I was with the PF Flyers, but you know I’m not that old. I may have even been with Converse. I’m not sure it has (an effect). I don’t think it does. But people have their opinions it.”

Have you gotten any sense that the kids factor that in when making a decision?

“I’ve had kids from all different teams play (here). And all different shoes. I’m not feeling it, but you know, I’m nuts.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com