TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » WCS has a great attitude

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WCS has a great attitude
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-16-2014 04:35 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He takes negatives and turn them into positives. He is one heck of a teammate and a upper both on and off the court.

Willie Cauley-Stein has never been afraid of criticism from coach John Calipari, media members, fans or anyone else because he likes to “twist” the criticism to help him.

“Any criticism you just twist into a positive. I am a firm believer there is a positive and negative in everything, and you have the choice to make it a positive or a negative,” he said. “When somebody writes something negative or says something negative about you, there is always a positive to it. You just have to find it. That’s what I try to do.

“I try to find a positive in literally any outcome there is. I am not a dude that is going to be a negative-type dude. Any time that I can search for a positive in any situation, that is what I am doing. Life is just easier that way.”

That attitude could make it easier for him to help younger teammates cope with the pressure the Cats will have on them again this year. Kentucky was the preseason No. 1 team last season and expected to win the national title but struggled at times before getting hot in the NCAA. Now it once again has a talented roster that many feel should produce a national title.

“The best thing is I don’t have to do it alone. I got eight dudes that have been through it. Last year those dudes went through exactly what me and Alex (Poythress) went through,” Cauley-Stein said. “People said you can’t do it (with a freshman-dominated team), and overcoming that and proving everybody wrong and showing can do it, there’s nothing better than proving people wrong who say you can’t do something. You get a good satisfaction when you prove everybody wrong like we did last year.”

That’s why he’s not worried about how Calipari will balance playing time among Dakari Johnson, Karl-Anthony Towns, Marcus Lee and himself.

“That’s not my job,” Cauley-Stein said. “That is Coach’s problem, but he’ll figure it out.”

What about those who say Kentucky will win it all this year?

“That’s a nice problem. It’s a good one to have, and maybe this year we can just concentrate on proving them right,” Cauley-Stein said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com