TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Chris Walker of Florida suspended for 2 games

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chris Walker of Florida suspended for 2 games
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-15-2014 11:27 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Donovan has had his hands full with Walker last year and it's starting this season the same way.

Florida has suspended highly touted forward Chris Walker for the first two games of the season for violating team rules.

Coach Billy Donovan announced the discipline Wednesday at the team's annual media day, saying Walker also will miss an exhibition game against Barry University on Nov. 6.

Donovan also said freshman Brandone Francis won't play this season because of NCAA academic issues. A 6-foot-5 guard from the Dominican Republic, Francis has been admitted to school but "has to prove himself academically," Donovan said.

Walker, a 6-10 sophomore from Bonifay, Florida, will sit out the regular-season opener against William & Mary on Nov. 15 and against Miami two days later. He is scheduled to return against Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 21.

"I think the biggest thing, his biggest challenge this year, is going to be his ability to manage expectations," Donovan said. "You hear all these expectations, and people look at the fact that he's gotten physically strong and everything else. He has such a long way to go in terms of being reliable, accountable and disciplined. Those would be the three things I would say I don't have a real good grasp on right now, but we're going to find out."

Walker averaged 1.9 points and 1.3 rebounds in 18 games last season. He sat out the first 12 games because the NCAA determined he received improper benefits. He was ordered to donate $270 to a charity of his choice and serve 80 hours of community service.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com