TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal expects Harrison's to reach a new level

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal expects Harrison's to reach a new level
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-13-2014 09:20 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coming back like they did is going to be good for them and the Cats.

John Calipari never expected to have two veteran guards to lead what is his deepest, most talented team ever. Like almost everyone else, the Kentucky coach thought twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison would leave for the NBA after their freshman seasons based on their impressive play in the NCAA tournament, when they helped the Wildcats reach the title game.

“I thought they would be encouraged to leave. That’s what I just thought they would be. And then the more I kept hearing, I was hearing, you know what, I don’t think they want to go,” Calipari said. “And so they came in, and we had a five-minute meeting. I told them, ‘If you come back, it’s going to be difficult. Here’s what they’re (NBA scouts) saying. That will be cured. You’re going to work. If you leave, I’ll help you get in the first round, do whatever I can to make that happen.’”

Calipari can’t remember where he was — “I was on a plane going somewhere” — when the Texas twins called to say they were returning to refine their game for the NBA and to try and win the national title they barely missed last year.

Calipari likes what he sees from Andrew, a point guard, and Aaron, a shooting guard who made three straight game-winning shots in NCAA play.

“They’re in better shape. They’re better equipped to deal with stuff,” he said during a preseason interview. “They’re still growing right now. You still have to coach them and guide them. They still have some habits that they flow back to when it gets crazy and nutty, but I’m just – they’re great kids. They’re both great kids. They’re both – you know, in the best shape right now they’ve been in.

“But I’m telling them it’s not good enough. They’ve got to get to another level. And then, it’s we have guys that can really compete with them, which is even making them better. Yesterday, Alex (Poythress) was guarding Andrew, and doing OK. Like, so, then you’ve got the little kid (Tyler Ulis) picking up — you’ve got Andrew, or Aaron has guys like, ‘Hey man, you’ve got to go.’ So that competition has been great.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-14-2014 06:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They upped the odds of us winning it all tremendously!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-14-2014 08:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To have so many of our talented players stay for another year like WCS, Lee, Johnson, Poythress along with the Harrisons was special and is going to make this team one of the best Kentucky teams ever.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-14-2014 09:14 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They should be tough all season long!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 10-14-2014 09:25 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cal had to be shocked when all these potential NBA players told him they were staying for another year.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com