TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Insight on the Blackney decommit

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insight on the Blackney decommit
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-16-2014 07:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What a mess I wish these shoe companies would stay out of college basketball. I do however think all recruits should take all their visits so they know exactly what's out there. Then and only then can they make a intelligent decision.

After five-star guard Antonio Blakeney decommitted from the University of Louisville late Monday night, 247Sports recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer created a stir with a Twitter post saying the decision was "shoe company related."

More specifically, UofL is an Adidas school, and Blakeney plays for a Nike-affiliated AAU team. Blakeney's high school coach said this played no role in Blakeney's decision. On Tuesday afternoon I spoke to Meyer, who explained why he thinks Nike and other outside factors were part of this reversal.

What was the basis for the tweet about Blakeney's decision being based on shoe company affiliation?

Facts. I knew this was gonna happen last week. I just didn't know it was gonna happen so soon. I'd been told it was gonna happen and why it would happen.

The kid, I mean, he was looking at not being in the Jordan game, not being in the [Nike] Hoop Summit. This isn't the first time it's happened. I don't understand why everyone's tripping; I guess because it's Kentucky and Louisville.

But I mean, this is nothing new. I just know it for a fact in this situation, but yeah, looking at not playing in the Jordan Game, the Hoop Summit, everyone surrounding you, the infrastructure of people who helped him get to where he is. It's Nike. He's been heavily involved with Nike and Antonio committed to Louisville before visiting other schools and you know that didn't go over well.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 09-16-2014 07:21 PM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess he can wear Nike shoes when he plays for Kentucky.

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-17-2014 12:00 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The kid should go where he wants to go, regardless of a shoe company. Unless he has already accepted money or something....
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-18-2014 08:23 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If he has accepted money he should not be playing at all.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com