TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NBA draft: Chad Ford's Big Board 2.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NBA draft: Chad Ford's Big Board 2.0
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-13-2014 10:35 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think by the end of the season the landscape is going to be a lot different than what Chad Ford thinks.

On Tuesday, we released our Big Board 2.0 for the 2015 NBA draft. Here's a look at the names that were snubbed, and what these players have to do in order to make the cut for Big Board 3.0

The rest of Kentucky's team

Kentucky's roster is loaded. We have a record nine players on their squad in our top six, and 10 players in our top 100. Why did just three of them -- Karl-Anthony Towns, Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress make our Big Board?

For some it's going to be a lack of minutes. For others, there are questions about how their game will translate to the pros. The most controversial snubs were the Harrison twins, Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison. Andrew was a preseason lottery pick last year and Aaron was ranked in our top 30. After slow starts, both players played much better toward the end of the season.

Why didn't they make the cut? Teams are concerned that while Andrew has great size, he doesn't have the explosive athletic ability to thrive at the point in the NBA. Aaron hit some huge shots for Kentucky in the tournament, but needs to turn into a 40 percent 3-point shooter this season. If Andrew can show off quickness and Aaron becomes a more consistent 3-point shooter, they should make the cut.

Big man Dakari Johnson also seemed like a lock for the top 30, but with the strong play of Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein returning from injury, there's question marks about how many minutes he'll get.

That's the problem for both Marcus Lee and freshman Trey Lyles. If they were playing on virtually any other team, they would be the focal point of the team and would probably be ranked 10 to 15 spots higher on the draft board. While both players should get minutes, their role will be more limited. The same holds true for Devin Booker, who could end up being one of the team's best shooters. If Poythress begins to struggle, he could benefit.

Finally, there's Tyler Ulis, a guy who should have a major impact at UK from Year 1. His issue is size. Ulis measures in at 5-foot-9, 142 pounds, and that's being generous. The point guard is seen by many scouts as just too small to play in the NBA.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-13-2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This report isn't doing UK any favors in the recruiting department. We already know that some guys could be hurting in the PT department but him making a point of it sure hurts us when the recruits read it. We could lose some guys due to them thinking they won't be able to show their wares. We shall see.
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-13-2014 12:40 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How can we have 9 guys in the top six? Makes no sense.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-13-2014 02:53 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
How can we have 9 guys in the top six? Makes no sense.

Norm that sounds like my math, we may have 6 guys drafted, no more than 7. yea that's a lot. but things can change quickly. Chad ford is way off. imo

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-13-2014 05:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He must have meant 6 out of 9. Otherwise he is dumber than we think. I don't believe he knows much more than us.
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-13-2014 05:40 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama Ford is guessing. ive seen mock drafts with Andrew Harrison going 35th. dakari , lee, Lyles, and possibly Poythress will be back imo.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com