TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NBA scouts to visit and view our Cats

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NBA scouts to visit and view our Cats
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2014 06:04 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is one for the ages and would be competitive with some of the lower end NBA teams in my opinion. They may be young but they sure are talented.

Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski has reported that Kentucky coach John Calipari has come up with another unusual twist for his “players’ first” program that is loaded with future NBA draft picks this year.

Wojnarowski noted that Calipari, who is making in-home visits with top 2015 prospect Jaylen Brown and Malik Newman today, has a plan to invited all 30 NBA teams to send scouts to UK Oct. 10-11 when he will run double practices each day tailored to what the professional scouts want to see.

It would be something like the Pro Day that football teams have except those come months after the season ends and before the NFL draft.

Not only will this move help current players, but it also certainly will get the attention of key recruits like Brown and Newman who both likely will not make their college choices until spring when they know what players are leaving UK.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-09-2014 08:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a article on who the scouts are interested in however I think they are going to be shocked the number of talented players there is on the roster.

When John Calipari holds his groundbreaking combine showcasing his loaded Kentucky team for all 30 NBA franchises, some NBA personnel will be especially interested to see how Aaron and Andrew Harrison have developed, and just exactly what the upside is on 7-foot freshman Karl-Anthony Towns, who excelled on the team’s recent trip to the Bahamas.

The twins considered jumping to the NBA after their freshman seasons, but opted to stay in college amid projections that they would both be late-first/early-second round picks at best.

“The Harrions are talented guys,” one veteran NBA scout who plans to attend the combine Oct. 11-12 told SNY.tv. “What you’re looking for is, you want to see the growth that they made from last year, the awareness, the maturity, what’s happened over the summer, how hard they worked, all of that will start to be evident.

“And they’re all pieces to the puzzle, there’s nothing like the real games when they’re playing the opposition. But Coach Cal is more than smart enough. That’s why they will play five-on-five as well as pick-and-roll drills because he knows that’s what we need to see because we have to see their overall grasp of how to play the game.”

Said a second NBA scout: “Anybody who was following that team this summer in the Bahamas notices that the Harrison twins have gotten better.”

As Adrian Wojnarowski pointed out in his story breaking the news of the combine, Kentucky’s roster includes five players in Draft Express’ list of the Top 30 prospects in the world: Towns, a freshman projected at No. 3, Willie Cauley-Stein, a junior projected at No. 10, sophomore center Dakari Johnson (No. 21), sophomore guard Andrew Harrison (No. 28), and sophomore forward Marcus Lee (No. 30).

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-10-2014 03:07 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The cats football team plays on the 11th of oct, and I'm going to that game. Does anyone know of the times that coach cal will hold his practices and if they'll be open to the public? sure would be a nice bonus to get to see the BB team and the FB team on the same day.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9794 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-10-2014 04:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt, that would be great but I'm sure the public won't be invited as this is strictly for the NBA scouts and NBA personnel. He is doing this because he doesn't want all the NBA scouts and executives showing up and disrupting all his team practices so he has them for these two todays and then his daily practices won't be interrupted.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com