TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Women's basketball team quiz

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women's basketball team quiz
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-02-2014 11:34 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which two are on the UK women's basketball team and which 3 are cheerleaders.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-02-2014 11:55 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not meaning to sound like a racist but who is the big white girl in the picture?. The Kentucky women's team have had no white girls on it in since Mitchell has been coach other than the ones that were there when he took over. He could have had Sarah Hammond who is at U of L but did not even go see her play in high school and she was the first McDonald's All American female player from the state of Kentucky and grew up being a huge UK fan and wanting to go no where but UK. Sarah had offers from UConn, Tenn and most of the major colleges but none from UK and I know that broke her heart. My brother who lives in Berea taught her parents in Rockcastle County high school and is very close to that family. He roots for U of L in women's basketball instead of UK and that is because of Mitchell not even going to see Sarah play her senior year and making no effort to recruit her. BTW, she starts for U of L and has started since her freshman year.

[ 09-02-2014, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-02-2014 01:32 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, the African-American girl is Allysa Rice a 6'3" inch freshman player and the Caucasian girl is Ivana Jakubcva a 6'6" transfer from Murray State.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-02-2014 03:32 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He needed height to be able to play with teams like UConn. The problem he has had over the past few years has been lack of size. Mitchell relies heavily on pressure defense and the way the officials started calling the hand check fouls etc made it tough for his team to compete last season even with all those McDonald's All American girls he had on the team. I am no Matthew Mitchell fan but do watch all their games and enjoyed the kids that have been on the team the last few years. I never miss a ladies game if they are on TV just like the men's team.

[ 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-02-2014 06:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of the caucasion girls can't play the game like he wants. Once in a great while he gets a chance at a foreign girl like this one from the Czech Republic. Sarah Elliot graduated in 2008 and came from McKee, KY in Jackson county. She was tall but just didn't jump as quick or as high. She was 6-6 like this girl but probably not near as fast. The next season was when UK Women started into the style of play you see now.
Posts: 14169 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-02-2014 06:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, according to Mitchell this girl can play the up-tempo game he likes to play. Here is what he had to say about here when she committed to the Lady Cats.

“Ivana is an exciting player for our 2014 class. She has great size and speed which will be an asset in our up-tempo style of play. She has great hands which we value greatly in our post players. Ivana is a very good shooter and her ability to make shots will be valuable to our offense. Ivana is an extremely hard worker and will be a tremendous asset to the Kentucky program.” (Note: Jakubcova will have two seasons of eligibility at Kentucky).

Link

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 09-02-2014 07:11 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say the cheerleaders are all 5 ft tall, quite a height difference between the two bb players and the cheerleaders.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-04-2014 08:17 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mitchell plays helter skelter basketball, he don't do any coaching he gets his players in great shape, and sends them out there to Harass, and slap, on defense, now the rule change wont let that happen anymore, and he has to recruit, different.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2014 09:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mitchell has never had a losing season and has made it to a National tournament every year. He has won 58 conference games in his last 5 years. To show you how well he has done he has lost the same amount of SEC games in the last 4 years as the men's program which gives you a idea just how will he can recruit and coach. We are lucky to have him and the ladies basketball program is in good hands.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-04-2014 09:59 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The more I look at that picture, the more I think it has been photo-shopped. In the picture, those basketball players would weigh four times as much as the others. There is just something not right about it. Call me a skeptic if you like, but I ain't buying it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-04-2014 10:03 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I watch every game, and he plays helter skelter. imo u cant compare the girls game and record to the mens game, nor recruiting, its just my opinion, yes I like Mitchell and im glad hes our girls coach. I do like his, tempo. but hes will run set plays with them big girls.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2014 10:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I think your right too, something seems amiss.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-04-2014 11:19 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
norm when I first seen that picture I thought them were kids before I read it.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-04-2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mathematically it figures out to be right. I used a ruler and measured the big girl at 6'6" and it measures 9" on the ruler. The short girl in the middle measured 6 1/4" and if she is about 5'5" the math figures to be correct.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 09-04-2014 12:13 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama my wife did same thang and pretty much said that was about right. 2 Great minds think alike. [Wink]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-04-2014 12:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The other thing is that there is nothing to dispute the picture that I can find on the internet . There is a lot of talk about it but not one claim that I can find where someone has any proof that it is photo-shopped.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 09-04-2014 10:44 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks GB. I have to believe it is real. Find a picture of Ulis standing up next to one of our 6-6 players and compare it.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com