TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I want to Thank. This Board.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I want to Thank. This Board.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-27-2014 11:31 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tell you why, ihave visited and read this board for over 10 years, always wanted to join but thought I was behind in my spelling and grammar, and vocabulary, I always thought I knew Ky Basketball, and sports in general, and a little about politics, but didn't know if I could put it in words, on the board like I could if we were just sitting and talking to each other. But I decided to try it, and it has been a God send to me, I look forward everyday to looking at the board, and Reading what CMD, puts up.

my punctuation is not good , but you guys let me slide without making me feel like a fool, like some other boards would do. Any time I get on anyones nerves just let me know, I will never do it again. typing for me is like a chicken pecking but I try. And like Norm I text some young people thank older people don't text. scwc, understands me, and im grateful to him for that. I like everyone on the board. like I said I been reading for over 10 yrs. Does anyone know what happened to Cattracker? I used to see him on here. well im too long winded so in short. THANKS. for accepting me!!!!

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 08-28-2014 02:30 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey bean---i think most member on this board could write what you just wrote----WELL SAID

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-28-2014 04:17 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like I said in a post yesterday Bean, you and I are cut from the same bolt of cloth. You are a breath of fresh air for us here on the Cats Domain and I always look forward to your input. You know Ky basketball inside out and have that good old common sense on the political side of the Domain. It is we that are fortunate to have you as a posting member of this forum. You are a walking history book on Kentucky basketball, keep posting often. Catmandoo is the glue that keeps us all together and during the season you will see him get a lot of posting help from Eleem who is also a great source of information for us. We have a good group here, small but more like family than foes and the one thing all of us share is a love for the state of Kentucky and Kentucky sports.

[ 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-28-2014 07:32 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad you starting posting Green-Bean. Haven't seen Cattracker on here for a long time. I think he and Norm keep in contact.
Posts: 5410 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-28-2014 08:19 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green-bean, great post. Like Country Cat said, many of us express those same words.

I'm not an expert on Cattracker, but I think the political board got to him so bad that he decided to just stay away. I really enjoyed his posts in the General forum. He's a huge music and Pink Floyd fan. It was fun talking music with him. He always had great topics in the General forum. I sure hope he's doing well.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-28-2014 08:30 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cattracker was originally from Hazard Green Bean, you would have enjoyed him, very down to earth etc. He got fed up with the poitical section of the forum and left a couple of years ago. I still miss my good buddy John "Cattacker" Hayes, a good man and a good friend. I got to meet both John and Norm about 9 years ago at a birthday party for John at his home in Western Kentucky. They don't come any better than Norm either, good man, salt of the earth type whose real love is fishing.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-28-2014 08:42 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Green Bean, I too look forward to getting on here everyday. Every guy on here is really smart and love's UK, living down here in alabama, it gets old hearing about nothing but bama, and auburn sports, this is where I come to get everything Kentucky, and the insight and history you bring is awsome, I look forward to reading your post, and thank you for being part of the CatsDomain family.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9799 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-28-2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wanna thank all of you, for accepting me, yea I thank I seen some of those pics on here of cattrackers party. when I was just reading, and ive seen norm fishing pics on here, I love to eat catfish, and walleye. Love to fish too, don't get to much but love to. I thank cattracker used to be a forest ranger, or Game warden not sure about that. again thank u guys for the kind words, much oblidged. and vice versa to u guys.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-28-2014 09:49 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B you would have liked Cattracker as you have a lot in common...Both of you are good guys who love life and the "Cats"...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 08-28-2014 10:23 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B Cattracker was a park ranger, I believe in his younger days. I had a couple chances to hang out with him, even went out to eat with him and both of our wives once. He's a great dude, and I miss him around here.

But welcome to the site, glad you joined up. Don't ever worry about offending anyone and 'never doing that again'. Be yourself. We're not judgemental around here, though we may have our disagreements from time to time. The common thread for all of us is NCAA basketball (and with the exception of UNC-Heels, I think, we all love UK basketball above all others!). I don't post much, more of a lurker now, but I keep up to date with things through this site. Grew up in western KY but moved to northern IL almost 15 years ago now. I've posted on this forum through my college days, birth of my son, and career moves. It's like a family around here, and everyone is A-okay in my book.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-28-2014 11:00 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, Cattracker, John Hayes, is one fine man. I'll not go into his problems too deeply, but will tell you that John has had some trouble with depression, after his first wife died young, with Multiple Sclerosis. Reading some of the controversial stuff was not helping him at all, and he backed off. He has since re-married to a beautiful young lady, and they are doing well. I met John in 1999 or 2000, and have remained friends with him ever since. We see each other one or two times a year, but it's been a while now. We still talk on the phone quite often. We are also friends with his wife and him on Facebook, and keep up that way.

I met another of our fine members this year. His name is Rick Cummins,and he goes by the name FlaCatz. He is one of the funniest individuals I ever met. His dad was a first cousin to my best friend here in Dawson Springs. I mentioned Dawson Springs in one of my posts here several years ago, and he asked me if I knew his dad's cousin. Sure enough, I did. Rick went with me on one of my trout fishing trips to Arkansas this year. He wants to go again and bring his two brothers. We'll probably do that next spring.

By the way, Green Bean, you keep talking about getting old, and I certainly understand. If I live until next April 26th, I'll hit 80. I'm still in pretty good health though. Millie and I have been married a little over 56 years. We have six children, 17 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren. I retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1977, and then retired from the heating and air conditioning business in 1997. Never made much money, but have our house paid off, and no bills except utilities!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-28-2014 02:20 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Keep posting GB. Glad you decided to start being vocal, so to say. I know we have been back and forth a couple times. I'm a younger version of Norm. Ha! I'm just a kid of 73 who retired from the Air Force also, back in 1984. I went to work for the Army as a civilian logistics Analysis Engineer in 85 and got sent to Redstone Arsenal, AL when they closed the Lexington Army Depot near Lexington. Thus I took up the name of BamaCat back in 1999 when I started following this site. I guess I am the most Rabid recruiting fan on here. I have a sheet of names and facts on every BB recruit for 2015 and 2016. I've followed it since way back in the 1960s and tend to predict who I think will sign with us. Not always 100% accurate but I like to think I do OK. Hope to get into some more back and forth with you again.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-28-2014 02:56 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama im sure we will probably go back and forth some more, but all in good taste and civil for me.i like to see your predictions on players, one thang I think we agree on right now in the recruiting, is Sean Miller at Arizona, is gonna get his good share for next year, I think we are gonna end up with some real good 3 and 4 stars this time around.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-28-2014 03:46 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will. We have 4 star right now in Matthews but I think by next year he will be a 5 star. I'm still confident we will grab at least 3 or 4 of the guys who have offers, if not more.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-28-2014 04:19 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad you are posting G-B. I'm younger than Old Norm, SCWC, CMD, Cattracker, and yourself but feel as though I am cut from the same cloth. Roots in Floyd County will do that to you.

Sometimes I can't shut my trap and it gets the best of me. SCWC and I exchange e-mails a lot during the season (maybe not as much as in the Tubby years. LOL). Great community we have here.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 08-28-2014 05:49 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GreenBean, I too am really glad to see you posting on here, and providing your insight..... I've been on this board going on 15 years now... and to be honest, I am tired of reading the same old stuff from the same old posters every day...I mean really, how many times do we have to read about Old Norm catching 700 trout in 3 days.... I read it so many times I had to go on one of his fishing trips and I'll be damned if we didn't catch 500... The best catch of all though was the opportunity to finally meet him, after 14 years and spend 3 days in 14ft johnboat... Just damned good people!! I have net a couple of the CatsDomain posters in person and just as SCWC mentioned "the same bolt of cloth" and I am certain, if you dig down really deep into everyone on this board, the old timers and the new, it's that same piece of dirty dusty burlap that binds us all together.

Not sure if I mentioned it when you first jumped in but Welcome! Welcome to the best little family on the internet!

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 08-28-2014 05:58 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me add my welcome, Green-bean. Glad to have you on board. We are a family here... a Big Blue Family.

Don't fret about spelling and grammer. We read you loud and clear, and I for one love your posts. Keep 'em coming!

I am one of those NOT from Eastern Kentucky... I hail from Elizabethtown. I now live up in Terre Haute, Indiana. Damn fools up here still pine for the return of Bobby Knight... my God, what is WRONG with these people? [Smile]

Like you, and I get my Cats news almost exclusively from here. It is a great site, full of people who I would love to sit on a front porch with and talk UK sports all evening long.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wildtut
Player
Member # 2225

posted 08-28-2014 10:31 PM      Profile for Wildtut   Email Wildtut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey green bean I hope that white half runners by the way tiptree is a good bluegrass singer this is the only board that I look at don't always sing in but I here at least 10 times a day WELCOME TO ARE LITTLE SITE THIS BOARD IS LIKE A SMALL CHURCH YOU GET MORE FROM IT.

--------------------
I was a young wildcat when i was born i be and old wildcat when i die

Posts: 1942 | From: Rock wood Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-29-2014 12:32 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wildtut I love shuckie beans dry them out on top of house, a good pone of corn bread, a cold glass of sweet tea. cant beat it now, and some little graveling potatoes, and maybe some of norms trout, and trey ball my sister lives in Floyd county. garrett. her husband and I used to run moonshine and Schlitz beer there. when it was dry many years ago, in a volkswagon van. don't do stuff like that no more, but we all have done a few thangs we are not proud of. oh yea give me a pork chop with them shuck beans and a big onion. tiptree I love bluegrass music.

[ 08-29-2014, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Green-Bean ]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-30-2014 03:30 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wildtut:
hey green bean I hope that white half runners by the way tiptree is a good bluegrass singer this is the only board that I look at don't always sing in but I here at least 10 times a day WELCOME TO ARE LITTLE SITE THIS BOARD IS LIKE A SMALL CHURCH YOU GET MORE FROM IT.

wildtut I love them half runners, and you are right this board is like a small church, just one thang missing dinner on the ground, hey tut I love a big tomato with them half runners too I like the yellow tomatoes.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-01-2014 05:56 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tut, Green-bean,

While I love bluegrass music, I think I have been mistakenly 'accused' of being a bluegrass singer. Maybe y'all are thinking of BigCatDaddy. He posted a cool video of him and his band playing some bluegrass a while back.

I can listen with the best of 'em, but when I sing, I sing "solo" -- so low that nobody can hear me. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com