TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Looking out to 2015-2016

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking out to 2015-2016
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-25-2014 06:31 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been a slow news day so what players will be on the UK 2015-2016 team? Here is a start and a possibility, what do you think? If we end up with a team even close to this we will be in the running for another NCAA title.

Center-Lee-Moore and "possibly" Stone

Power forward-Bragg or Diallo, Lyles

Small Forward-Brown-Willis

Shooting Guard-Booker Mathews

Point Guard-Ulis-Hawkins

My surprise move would be that Poythress stays for his final year of eligibility. He is a different duck and mean it in a very good way as he puts his education above all. If he does stay and gives the team stability they could win two NCAA titles in a row and even without him their chances are "very" good. imo

[ 08-25-2014, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-25-2014 07:09 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way about Alex but think I read somewhere that he was on schedule to graduate after three years of college. He is an extremely intelligent young man and I do hope he stays around for his senior season, that would be a huge bonus for us next season. Alex does not have an overly agressive personality or he would already be gone from UK. He is extremely talented but it may take four years for him to get the confidence he needs in his basketball game to go to the NBA.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-25-2014 07:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, I'm with you Poythress is a very "special" young man and doubt he would say sh** if he had a mouthful. He is the glue that could make this years team be over the top and win it all and for sure would be the kind of player and leader to be able to do it again next year. No one will ever make me feel otherwise that it was his players team meeting that started last year's team's run to the NCAA finals, for a big old teddy bear he sure can be the glue to lead a team to play to their highest level. A special Cat for sure.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-25-2014 09:51 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to keep them all but we know that can't happen. I feel those who will be gone are Cauley, Poythress,both Harrisons, Towns,and maybe Lyles. I think Hawkins, Willis, Ulis and Booker will be back for sure. Lee and Johnson are on the edge right now. Their comfort level and their basketball abilities are not yet developed all the way. It just depends on how much they can improve by April whether they go or stay. So we have Ulis and Hawkins back at the guards and Booker and Willis at wings. Lyles could be in this group also. But if we have Johnson and Lee back we have 6 or 7 experienced guys on the team.

Who may join them? We have Matthews as a wing. Right now those looking as good probabilities are Stone at Center with maybe Moore as a back up. Bragg at PF with maybe Diallo also. Then it gets fuzzy with some possibilities of Brown, Ingram, Jones,Bacon at wing. Blakeney is still possible at SG and Newman and Davis are possibles at PG. That's still 11 on the list and we may come away with 3 of them.

I'm guessing we end up with 6 returnees and probably sign Matthews and 5 others, of which I hope are Stone, Bragg, Brown, Newman and Davis.

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-26-2014 09:20 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poythress only likes about 368 points from reaching 1000 point club, and aaron Harrison could reach it too.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com