TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Rupp voted best home venue

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rupp voted best home venue
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-24-2014 08:34 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was a bit of a surprise to see the Duke's bandbox was ranked 31st.

Stadium Journey released a project that was four years in the making: They ranked the home venue for every single Division I college basketball team.

That is not an easy undertaking.

But as with any list of this nature, there are going to be rankings that are easy to disagree with, and the most obvious issue I have is where the rank Cameron Indoor Stadium, the home of the Duke Blue Devils.

It’s 31st, behind noted college basketball arenas like the Hodge Center (USC Upstate), Diddle Arena (Western Kentucky) and Winthrop Coliseum. Another venue that’s criminally underrated? Hinkle Fieldhouse, which is ranked 27th on this list, behind the storied home courts of Texas, Texas A&M and Baylor.

Anyway, here is the top ten:
•1. Rupp Arena (Kentucky)
•2. Carrier Dome (Syracuse)
•3. FedEx Forum (Memphis)
•4. CenturyLink Center (Creighton)
•5. Dee Glen Smith Specturm (Utah State)
•6. Allen Fieldhouse (Kansas)
•7. Crisler Center (Michigan)
•8. The Pit (New Mexico)
•9. Smith Center (North Carolina)
•10. Frank Erwin Events Center (Texas)

The lowest ranked high-major programs are Rutgers (335th), Penn State (336th) and, in perhaps the least-shocking ranking on this entire list, DePaul (337th).

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-24-2014 09:11 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow! I agree with UK being #1 but that's about all I would agree with in that ranking.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-25-2014 11:50 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They have voted the 2 largest places that are continually #1 and #2 in attendance.
Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com