TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Bruce Pearl. And Auburn.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruce Pearl. And Auburn.
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-24-2014 08:24 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope Pearl builds a power house there good for our conference, and hes a good coach, for our conference, yea he made some Blunders but who Hasn't?http://247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-has-top-10-2015-class-30534515

[ 08-24-2014, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Green-Bean ]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-24-2014 09:08 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pearl is an a$$hole and I hope he never wins another college basketball game. That' all I've got to say about that.
Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-25-2014 03:34 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel the same way about Pearl. I want to see the SEC improve but not at any school he is associated with.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-25-2014 09:03 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My son goes to Auburn, and he and the whole Auburn family loves him. He's bringing the fans their together, kind of like coach cal did when he came to Kentucky. i think he's good for the conference, he done his time for his mistakes, and he deserves a second chance, IMHO.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9795 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-25-2014 11:47 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to agree. One strike does not put you out for eternity. I give him a chance and see if he can keep his act clean. Besides the UK Ag School sends people there for classes last I knew.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-25-2014 12:45 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have no beef with Pearl. He cheated and got caught, same as a bunch of other coaches. I've never heard of him saying or doing anything bad towards UK, so I've got no gripe.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-25-2014 01:38 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
One strike does not put you out for eternity.
Take a look at Pearl's "entire" history and tell me that is one strike.

He tried to entrap Deon Thomas while he was an assistant coach at Iowa and almost got away with it. That could have damaged that young man's life and Pearl could have cared less in his vendetta to smear another University. Ask Jimmy Collins (past head coach of Chicago State) what he thinks of Pearl. Several of the coaches who were coaching in the Big Ten would not shake Pearl's hand after a game. You have to do some digging but it's all there. Pearl is scum and should never have been allowed back in the college game IMO. Given time he will drag Auburn down to his level.

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-25-2014 03:10 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What I don't understand is the perception of Pearl as a coach. What has he really done? Guys like Shaka Smart, Mark Few, the dude from Butler who went to Boston - all of these guys have done better jobs than Pearl. Sure, he elevated UT and made them better, but he hasn't done anything that warrants being a sought-after coach, in my opinion.
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-25-2014 06:06 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He lied to the NCAA investigators, that tells me a lot about his character. He has always had this dislike for UK and the state of Kentucky, both he and his wife openly spoke of trying to avoid driving through the state when they went to Tenn. I find it hard to like any individual who has such a dislike for my home state and school and consider him a less than role model for any young man. I will never root for Auburn as long as Pearl is their coach, regardless of who they are playing. I normally root for all SEC teams when playing out of conference, I will not do that for Pearl and his Auburn team.

[ 08-25-2014, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-26-2014 08:05 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Bleed Blue, and would never root for another team over Kentucky, but i will say war eagle, since i've sent over 40k of my money up there in the last two years.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-27-2014 04:20 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bruce Pearl is a winner. The SEC is a dominant conference in everything except Mens basketball. I am talking about top to bottom, the league has been down. I don't care which team emerges as a winner, but the SEC needs another strong tourney team. Pearl will make Auburn a contender.

No, I don't see him winning a championship or ever competing with Cal. But Pearl is a shot in the arm for the SEC. He will have a perennial tourney team. I am glad a team had the common sense to hire him.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-27-2014 04:26 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SCWC:
He lied to the NCAA investigators, that tells me a lot about his character. He has always had this dislike for UK and the state of Kentucky, both he and his wife openly spoke of trying to avoid driving through the state when they went to Tenn. I find it hard to like any individual who has such a dislike for my home state and school and consider him a less than role model for any young man. I will never root for Auburn as long as Pearl is their coach, regardless of who they are playing. I normally root for all SEC teams when playing out of conference, I will not do that for Pearl and his Auburn team.

I root for Kentucky. I never root for other college teams.

Doesn't matter if anyone thinks he is a good guy,bad guy, of the highest or lowest in moral character. The bottom line is that he will make the SEC stronger by having another team that will make the tourney.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ALA_KAT2
Player
Member # 1559

posted 08-27-2014 03:51 PM      Profile for ALA_KAT2   Email ALA_KAT2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't have anything against Pearl. He adds a bunch of character (good or bad) to the SEC men's basketball coaches. He's definitely a step up for Auburn, and I hope they win a bunch of out-of-conference games, which is something all SEC teams not named Kentucky seem to have a problem doing.

--------------------
Adair CHS 1966/USAF/WKU/AT&T

GO BIG BLUE!

Posts: 4046 | From: Louisville, KY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-27-2014 04:15 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would be nice for them to win a lot of games so it would help our ratings. When you play only Florida who is highly rated in the conference it's hard to help yourself.
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 08-27-2014 05:31 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My daughter just enrolled at Auburn, but you'll get no War Eagle or support for Pearl from this Cat. Never did like him. He will upgrade the talent at AU though, fairly or not.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 08-27-2014 08:57 PM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe I'm wrong, but Bruce Pearl, and what Bruce Pearl does at Auburn does not concern me.... He is not nor will he ever be a real competitive threat to this program.

That's why he cheated in the past..... to catch up..... and even then its a flash in the pan and in the end, he will go down in flames...

I am just very happy that we have what we have........ that's enough and everyone else is chasin our tail...

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-28-2014 08:54 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well said flacatz

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-28-2014 02:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True. But I still believe he will grab a lot of good AL kids and maybe a few more in the south to become an NCAA entry in most seasons. But of course he will have to also get very lucky to catch up with us. [Razz]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com