TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal calls in to Mike Francesa. show. as John from ky..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal calls in to Mike Francesa. show. as John from ky..
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-22-2014 08:46 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Francesa basically said Cal was not a good x and o coach. must listen.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/calipari-calls-into-mike-francesas-show-to-critique-francesas-critique-of-him/

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-22-2014 09:46 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was talking to a guy yesterday about this interview and I thought the guy was a nut. After hearing the clip, I'm not so sure. Actually I agree with much of what he has to say. I think Cal is much better that an average bench coach but not great.

Overall I think he is one of the best in the business and I hope he stays around a long time.

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-22-2014 12:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as he is winning, I couldn't care less about the X's and O's. When Tubby was here, we read a lot about lack of talent. Can't cry about that anymore! When it comes down to X/O and talent, I'll take the talent every time! (I did like Tubby though. In fact the only coach we've had that I absolutely couldn't stand, was Billy G.)

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 08-22-2014 12:34 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I still say the best coach would be a combination of Tubby and Cal. That coach would have everything. But trust me, I am very happy with where we are. I have been one to say Cal is not a great game coach, usually out of frustration after seeing us lose to a team we shouldn't or feeliong that there were some things we could have done differently to counteract what may have been hurting us. But I will gladly say I think he has gotten better, especially over the last year. If he keeps learning and adapting, and continues to recruit like he has, he will be unstopable. I am hoping one of the things he learns this year is how to best use a deep bench. We should be able to just wear teams down over 40 minutes. We should nver have a group out there that is tired, and if they don't hustle he has the luxury of putting the next guy in and it shouldn't be much of a drop in talent, if any.
Posts: 5441 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-22-2014 04:05 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't win with out the Jimmy's and Joe's no matter how good you are at the x's and o's.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2014 06:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tubby won games he shouldn't have and with two minutes to go in a tie game Tubby I'd take Tubby.

He won five SEC regular season championships and five SEC Tournament titles, with six Sweet Sixteen finishes and four Elite Eight finishes in nine seasons after the 1998 championship. The come from behind victory over Duke in the 1998 in Elite-Eight was a master piece. He also won the 98 Championship without a first-team All-American or future NBA lottery pick was and is very rare. What I liked most about him was his players truly liked and admired him as a coach and as a person.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com