TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » The Cats are sharing the ball....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cats are sharing the ball....
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-19-2014 02:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We started playing this way more during the latter part of last years season when we made our move to the NCAA finals. The addition of players like Ulis and Towns has made it even better and we are being treat to some very special basketball.

What kind of team does John Calipari have after playing six exhibition games in Nassau?

“It’s an August team that’s in good condition. You saw when we had to execute, we weren’t able to. When we had to get ball movement, we don’t have enough in,” said Calipari in his postgame press conference after Sunday’s loss. “When we needed out-of-bounds plays to score, we don’t have anything in.

“So we’re an August team that’s in good shape, physically. And when you’re playing 10 guys, you’re in physical shape to play half a game, and they were. If they had to play 30 minutes, I’m not sure they could’ve done it.”

He does think this team is ahead of schedule in some ways.

“I think they share the ball. They’ve figured out how to share the ball more than any team I’ve had this early,” Calipari said. “Where most guys, you got ball stoppers trying to do their thing, trying to figure out who they are, versus move it, get it and make plays for each other. When we do that, we’re real good. When we don’t do that, we’re like everybody else. So this team has picked it up pretty good.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-21-2014 04:32 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think 40-0 is an unreasonable expectation in today's game of college basketball. We are going to have an outstanding team and if we get the outside shooting should win it all. SHOULD does not win it though. Cal certainly has the talent to create major match up problems for most teams we will face, but it all comes down to putting the ball in the basket more than your opponent and teams have off nights.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-21-2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't so sure about those "off nights" until the last game in the Bahamas. Let's just hope our off nights happen when we are playing lesser teams. I know we keep using the "tired legs" excuse, but 18-20 year olds should not get in that bad of shape, from playing 20 minutes a day. I barely remember being that age, but I don't believe I ever got that tired back then, and I wasn't conditioned like they are. I think over confidence may have set in.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-21-2014 09:51 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I am one that never bought into the fatigue factor in that last game. With the way Cal platooned the team in the Bahamas, they played the equivalent of 3 games in 8 days. How does one get mentally fatigured in the Bahamas, that one blew my mind. In Paradise playing the game you love, fatigue does not fit into that setting in my book.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-21-2014 09:57 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it may have been too much partying!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-21-2014 11:47 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I truly was impressed with the passing of this young team, one of he best I have seen at UK in a very long time. I liked the way they played together, very unselfish. I think the passing of Ulis is going to be an inspiration for this team.
Wildtut
Player
Member # 2225

posted 08-21-2014 01:15 PM      Profile for Wildtut   Email Wildtut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
when I was 18 I hode corn from daylight to dark dad would not let my legs g et tired

--------------------
I was a young wildcat when i was born i be and old wildcat when i die

Posts: 1942 | From: Rock wood Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-21-2014 01:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the passing of the second team made the first team also pass it. As I see it the sophs and Juniors realize they have to play for 40 minutes if they are in there or a frosh will come in for them and they will be watching the game.
Posts: 14119 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-22-2014 03:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think having talented players that returned for another year has really helped the freshman learn quickly both on and off the court. They truly want these young players to succeed and it's showing already. This team is going to be very special not only because of their talent but also because of their caring for each other.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com