TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » "Slice," two injured Cats on fifth Bahamas win

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Slice," two injured Cats on fifth Bahamas win
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 08-17-2014 05:40 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On Cauley-Stein and Lyles' pregame workouts: "Yeah, they're on the early bus coming over. In the NBA, you've got the regular bus and the early bus and those guys right now are on the early bus with Coach Payne, Coach Robic and myself."

On whether Cauley-Stein and Lyles could play right now if they were needed: "I think everything is right where it should be right now."

On how WCS and Lyles fit in when they're back: "Well, we've got a pretty strong group of guys right now, and where they fit in is Willie's the veteran of those two and Trey's the new guy of those two; they're meshing nicely, they're blending nicely. They're probably chomping at the bit to get out there and not just to be a part of this but just to, as their career continues and grows, they want to be out there. I'm sure there's some anxiousness there. But, again, you have to do what's best for the athletes and right now it's best for them to sit this dance out."

On Lyles looking like a big guy with skills, a jumper: "Yes he is. Yes he can shoot the ball, especially when no one was guarding him the past couple days. But he can shoot. He's a wonderful young man. He's working hard. He's putting in all the efforts, not just with our coaching staff but even with our strength and conditioning guys, has handled his business throughout the summer academically. And like himself, we can't wait to have him on the court."

TREY LYLES

On what's keeping him sidelined: "I had an injury a couple months ago and just working my way back from it."

On the actual injury: "It was just my leg."

On not getting to play: "Me as a competitor, it's very hard. But I'm just doing everything in my capability to get back out there as soon as possible. And it's just fun to see everybody coming together as a squad and just thinking that in a couple weeks I'll be out there with them and battle with them."

On when he'll be cleared: "I'm probably two weeks behind Willie. I have one more CT scan I gotta go get, too."

On his game: "Just hustle play, rebounding, scoring, just being a leader on the floor."

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com