TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Calipari tells The Courier-Journal he couldn’t leave Kentucky, even for LeBron James

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calipari tells The Courier-Journal he couldn’t leave Kentucky, even for LeBron James
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 08-17-2014 05:28 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
“‘[My players] came back because it was good for them and their careers and they knew they needed more developing and coaching. That was by me. That’s what they wanted,’ Calipari told the paper in an interview Sunday morning in the Bahamas. ‘So that made it a tough deal to say, ‘I’m just going to leave these guys here.’ With who? It may be somebody I don’t know that wouldn’t do the things for them that they needed to do.

‘Now, obviously coaching at Kentucky is special. It is unique and special. But this, for me, becomes about these kids. I have no desire, nor am I out looking for [jobs]. I got the job. I got the job. What would move me to stay was these kids need me here. That’s what I’m doing. At the end of the day, that was what [kept me at UK]. It wasn’t money.’”

When asked if LeBron James, who had not yet announced his decision to return to Cleveland when Calipari signed his 7-year extension with the University of Kentucky, would have made a difference in Coach Cal turning down the Cavs if he had known the 4-time NBA MVP would be joining him, the 55-year-old Calipari had this to say:

Link

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-17-2014 08:12 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well all this may be true, but next year will be different, that coach at Cleveland better do good, or good bye cal, ive heard cal say his dream is to coach Lebron, james.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com