TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NOT READY TO BE CROWNED

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NOT READY TO BE CROWNED
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-16-2014 09:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The first 3 games this team looked like they were ready to be crowned the champion, but the last two games they started to look a little like last years early team. Let's not get too verly confident about these all americans just yet.

They may indeed get to where we want them to be but today's game showed they can lose their concentration and make bad decisions. How many times did we just about hand the ball to the other team?

Will Poythress and Towns have off games? absolutely. How long will it take for Booker to kick the freshman mistakes and play like we think he should? Is Johnson our main hope in the middle at crunch time? He doesn't handle the ball well and he can't protect the basket against drives. Will Willie play well enough to get the biggest portion of the PT in the middle? Who will Trey push out of the starting lineup?

Boy do we have a lot of questions to answer before November. Will Poythress turn it around tomorrow? Or was the earlier games just some luck?

Cal said today he wants to continue the 2 platoon system but he has to also work the 11 and 12 man into the game also. He says they all deserve to play. It will most likely be a guard and a big man in those positions and he said they could be used when a guard or a big man gets in foul trouble (2 fouls in first half).

Right now I can see the 2 bottom men being Willis and either Hawkins or Booker. If Booker doesn't improve his accuracy and start staying in front of his man on the drives he will cause coach to move Hawkins to the 2nd team.

Right now I forsee the starters being Cauley, Towns, Ulis and the Harrisons. Poythress could make it if he gets consistent.

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-17-2014 04:53 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welllllllllllll. Everything did not jell today and some of the questions I had have been reinforced by todays play. There is more than one person on this team that will have to work on some malfunctions.

Right now I would think that the 2 platoon system may have to be scrapped for a while. If Willie and Trey are ready they may just get the nod for starters along with Towns, Ulis and ?????. I'm just glad it's still August and we have time to get better.

Posts: 14172 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com