TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Rondo helps Noel in his time of need

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rondo helps Noel in his time of need
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 09:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's the greatest thing about our Cats as they stick together no matter what class they were in.

After a year-long recovery from an ACL tear that cut short his collegiate career, Nerlens Noel is ready to make his NBA debut at the start of the season for the Sixers. Noel’s play was promising throughout the summer, and he showed glimpses of the potential defensive dynamo he could be down the line.

Promising play aside, the road to recovery was a trying time for Noel, especially having to stay sidelined and being unable to play the game he loves for an 18-month period. Luckily for Noel however, his recovery process was mollified by the helping hands of others.

While Noel credits his teammates for being extremely supportive throughout his sidelined season, the individual person he lists as the biggest helper throughout his recovery process is somewhat of a surprise.

“Rajon Rondo was definitely the biggest helper throughout this whole process,” Noel stated in a recent interview with CBS Sports.

Is it important to you now that you've been through it to talk to other guys if they go down with that same injury?

Oh yeah, yeah. Definitely, definitely. With all the support and love, certain guys, especially Rajon Rondo -- he was definitely the biggest helper through this whole process, he actually gave me his phone number and told me I could hit him up whenever about it. Being from Boston, watching him growing up, and he went through it and he came back as strong as possible, actually before me, so it gave me a lot of confidence, having his good faith.

Is that kind of crazy, being a Celtics fan growing up, to get to know him on a personal level?

Yeah, definitely. That's definitely what made it even more of a thrill. Being able to interact with Rondo and get good advice from him, 'cause he's more of a veteran point guard now in this league, gone through so much with the Big 3, he's a world champion, he's a player who's very mature in this league now. So definitely it was crazy. I took a lot from him.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com