TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Sloppy Today (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Sloppy Today
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 02:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a good teaching tool and they will learn a lot win or lose.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 02:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's our defense that has surprised me.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 02:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We will see how Ulis runs this team down the stretch.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 02:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ulis looks like a real keeper.

--------------------

SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-16-2014 02:55 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can see Ulis getting a lot of minutes with this team. Aaron can play the three on offense and has more size and experience than Booker. They have to learn a lot of fundamentals, like boxing out, not getting taken off the dribble etc. No shot blocking today at all, none during this trip thus far and that is something we are really going to need.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-16-2014 02:58 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You would never pick him out as being such a good, solid defensive player but he is. He is a bull dog that is going to cause a lot of turn overs this season.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-16-2014 03:27 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its hard to play 6 games out of 8 days, and I knew this pro team would adjust to the first game, the twins fall down when they drive to bucket and that allows teams to run out, we have the exact same problem as last year when it comes to defense. too many run outs Poythress was a no show today, hurt us, but I think we are getting a little burnt out, 4 games would have been better. I like the way willis plays good basketball IQ, wouldn't surprise me any if we lose tomorrow. but this team will be fine we may have to use ulis a lot this year to stay back and stop the run outs.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-16-2014 03:34 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cmd u gave ulis the bull dog name and it fits him well.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-16-2014 03:46 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did they play sloppy? Yeah, but I think the French team had a lot to do with it. I give them a lot of credit for the adjustments they made since Monday. They took away the lob, they blocked out on every possession and took away UK's offensive rebounding advantage, they applied more on-ball defensive pressure, and they put UK in a lot of high ball screen action to take advantage of the bigs.

UK played much better defense the second half IMO.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-16-2014 08:17 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They are the odds on favorite to win it all. So what if they look a little unpolished in "exhibition" games. I think some may have too high a standard for preseason. Most teams don't even get to practice at this time (at least officially).
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-16-2014 09:10 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom I would venture to bet that another team in the country would be 5 and 0 against these teams. and we have a chance to go 6 and o. no other team out there would do that right now.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-17-2014 07:40 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe Cal's last championship team benefited from the NBA owners lock out of the players, which enabled the young freshmen to have tough competition before the season started.

I look at this in the same way. I could care less if they go undefeated in these games or look sloppy.

It is fun to watch the new guys and Derek Willis, who did not get much floor time last season.

Tyler Ulis is the kid I wanted to see most, just to see if he is the real deal. He sure is. There are even some exuberant fans who think he should start, which is crazy. But, he is a piece of the puzzle that makes this team the favorite at the end of the season.

Cal has the luxury to sub 5 at a time, like a hockey team. He can run teams out of the gym in the second half and if he gets crappy refs who call a ton of fouls, he has the bench to over come it.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com