TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Antigua talks about todays game

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Antigua talks about todays game
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2014 10:18 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Antigua is a heck of a good coach and wish him well coaching the Dominican Republic National Team.

Here’s what former UK assistant coach Orlando Antigua had to say in Nassau today after his Dominican Republic national team lost to Kentucky.

On coaching against his old UK team:
“It was bittersweet. It was good watching, this early on, how well they’re playing and how good they look. For me, it was a good learning experience for our guys. We’ll be able to watch the film and see what we can take away from it, how we can improve. Some of our guys were playing their third game in a row; legs are a little bit, this early on for us, a little shaky. We’ve got to keep improving. The day off tomorrow is going to help us.”

On how UK looks:
“They’ve kept it going from how we ended the year. Obviously the chemistry, the knowing one another, knowing the expectation from the coaches, all those things early on in a season that I’m going to have to be teaching our guys at South Florida, they already have. They’re on Step 5 instead of Step 1 or 2, which is what we had to (start with) the past few years.”

On if he’s jealous of that experience Cal has now:
“I cannot be jealous. I’m happy the group of guys decided to come back and I’ll be cheering my tail off for them.”

On what about the vets impresses him:
“One, they’re having a lot of fun and you can tell. They’re in great shape. And they just look like they are all off the court: a family. They look like a family. They move the ball. It’s impressive. It’s impressive.”

On hanging with UK for a while:
“We wanted to keep competing. The first five minutes of the second half, which they’ve done in every one of their other games, they get that separation. … Then you’re swimming upstream after that.”

On Eloy Vargas:
“Eloy played OK. I think in the first few minutes, he had some anxiety and wanting to show the Kentucky fans what he can do and missed a couple easy shots, but shots that he’ll make. He’s had a great year this past year and he’s been playing really well. We’re looking for Eloy to have a pretty good World Cup tournament for us.”

On what he said to Calipari after:
“Nothing. Gave him a hug and told him, ‘Love you and see you Sunday.’ ”

On Alex Poythress:
“I think everyone knows how good Alex can be, how strong he is, and Alex at times has seen and knows that he can be good. He just has to understand that he is that good. He’s really good.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com