TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Towns scoring has been a pleasent surprise

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towns scoring has been a pleasent surprise
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-13-2014 09:05 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I knew he was good but his scoring work around the basket on both ends of the floor has been above and beyond even his lofty expectations.

When asked if Towns was even better than the Kentucky coaches anticipated, John Robic did not hesitate nor equivocate.

"Yes," Robic said after Kentucky's game Tuesday.

"I really didn't know how gifted a scorer he is," the UK assistant coach added. "He has to get stronger, but his skill level is really, really high for a young, young man. And he really hasn't shot the ball well, and that's one thing he can do. But he can score in a variety of ways, and he's going to be a big piece for us."

In the first three games here, Towns has averaged 13 points and 7.7 rebounds. He's been almost automatic when shooting around the basket (15 of 21 on two-pointers), and his 9-for-11 free-throw accuracy reflects his shooting touch.

It's that balance between inside and outside skill, when to do which, that Towns must master.

But the key is that both can be options.

"I think he's shown everybody what you read about him is true," his father said. "... People saw him spin and throw the lob. They're seeing his complete game. They haven't even seen all his skill sets because he's in the process (of learning the college game).

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com