TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Is Coach Antiqua?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Coach Antiqua?
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-12-2014 06:12 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Going to coach the Dominican team, I heard Rob Bromley say he was. Does anyone know?

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2014 06:52 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G-B, yes Antiqua will coach the Dominican Republic team on Sunday when we play them.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-12-2014 07:00 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks CMD that will be a hard game, but we need a close game, to tell more about our team. cmd do u know where to get a roster for coach o's team, does sosa, and Garcia, old ville players play on that team?

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-12-2014 08:41 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is what I found on a search. Vargis is the only one I recognize.

4 James Maye 201-G/F-81
5 Elpidio Fortuna 188-G-85
6 Juan Coronado 193-G-83
8 Edward Santana 203-F-80
9 Kelvin Pena 193-G-80
10 Victor Liz 188-SG-88
11 Eloy Vargas 210-F-88
12 Adris De Leon 180-PG-84
13 Orlando Sanchez 206-SF-88
14 Ronald Roberts 203-F/C-91
15 Manuel Guzman 204-F/C-82

Jose Maita Mercedes Head Coach Los Minas Dominican Republic

Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2014 09:23 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see the Dominican basketball team as being a very good at all. Here is a game they won a week ago but they were tied at the half 34-34. Vargas looks to be their best player which should tell us something.

Dominican Republic secure a Semifinal spot at Centrobasket 2014. The team needed a 73:68 win over Jamaica and improved to 3-0 record. Jamaica meanwhile fell at 1-2 record.
Jamaica scored 17 points in the first and then the second periods. It was enough to be tied at 34:34 at the half-time. The third period however was decisive in the game as Dominican Republic needed an 18-11 run to seal the victory.
Eloy Vargas (210-F-88, agency: Duran International, college: Kentucky) top-scored for the winners with 23 points and 10 rebounds, while Victor Liz (188-SG-88) netted 19. Edward Santana (203-F-80) produced 17 and James Maye (201-G/F-81, college: NC-Greensboro) notched 5. Oritseweyinmi Efejuku (196-G-86, college: Providence) delivered 25 points in the losing effort and Akeem Scott (185-G-83, agency: Blacktop Management, college: High Point) chipped in 16.
Tomorrow Cuba will take on Dominican Republic as both teams already clinched first two places to the Semifinals from Group B.

Jamaica: Oritseweyinmi Efejuku 25, Akeem Scott 16, Garfield Blair (196-G-87, college: Stetson) 12
Dominican Republic: Eloy Vargas 23+10 rebs, Victor Liz 19, Edward Santana 17, James Maye 5

Link

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-13-2014 07:42 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard cal say one of the teams was good, had Garcis, and sosa. on it guess im wrong.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-13-2014 08:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, I would think Cal knows what he is talking about but as August 5th you can see in the Link I posted Garcia and Sosa were not on the list. I guess we will just have to wait and see who actually is on the Dominican Republic basketball team.

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-13-2014 11:24 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cmd cal could have been misinformed. I say ur roster is right.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 08-15-2014 10:10 AM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sosa and Garcia didn't come on the trip.
Posts: 1313 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2014 10:15 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess Sosa and Garcia didn't want any part of our Cats and I don't blame them. [Wink]

--------------------

UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 08-15-2014 12:54 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At least I thought I heard Coach Antigua say that. Of course they could still show up. When they played the French team Garcia and Sosa didn't play.
UKFan_22
Player
Member # 6216

posted 08-15-2014 01:03 PM      Profile for UKFan_22   Email UKFan_22   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nevermind they showed up.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2014 02:46 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet Sosa and Garcia wish they stayed away as they sure didn't look that dominating to me. I would think however they will play much better next game.

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-15-2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cats pretty sloppy in second half. Shot (and missed) too many threes.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-15-2014 05:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "Harrison 5" only had 5 t/o's the whole game and 4 of them were made by Andrew. The "Ulis 5" however made 9 t/o's, 3 each by Towns and Willis and 2 by Ulis. The team we played was far better than the previous two teams and they played a lot tougher on the ball defense so all in all wasn't to bad of a game. We shot 35% on our 3's which isn't that bad either. We play them one more time and it will be interesting to see if we can even play them tougher. (I believe Cal will be coaching that game)

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-15-2014 08:12 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
we gave up way too many run outs, cal must work on that and the defense period, antiqa knew this team would give up run outs, and he took advantage of it. and coach O, played the 1-3-1 defense he knew these returning players struggled with that, but I think cal told coach O to use different schemes and defense against us, to help him see wat to work on.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 08-15-2014 08:23 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Between sosa, Vargas and Garcia they scored a total of 18 points between them.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 08-15-2014 10:50 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We got a better view of what the regular season will be like today. This game showed me that the 5 player changes may not work like it has in these games. He had to take the 2nd team out early in one of the 2nd half changes. They seemed to be getting tired. Dakari finally showed what he is capable of when he is against a big guy he can muscle around. I still feel Booker is the one who will have to fight for every minute he gets unless he can start playing better. His shooting needs a lot of improvement as does his defense when they take him to the basket. Towns looks a little like Julius did at the start of last year. He holds the ball too long and gets trapped with it. Ulis had a little more difficulty on his drives against this team.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 08-16-2014 10:49 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama, I too have been less impressed with Booker than any other player on the team. I just don't see him as being our starting three man. He has a lot of learning the college game ahead of him to be ready to contribute right away. Hopefully Lyles can play that position, if not, Poythress may have to and that would take away his strong rebounding resence as well as his shot blocking abilities. Maybe Booker will show us more today and tomorrow, I hope so. Right now I would even put Willis ahead of Booker in my rotation and use him as the three. I was very impressed with Willis' athleticism and overall game againt Peutro Rico on Tuesday but he played a terrible game yesterday. He does not appear to be the defensive liability they said he was last season.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-16-2014 11:42 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I Agree with just about everything said here except, I have been impressed by Booker. Granted his shot is not falling, but with the great stroke he has that will come. I don't think he has taken a bad shot yet in the 4 games. What has impressed me about him has been his court awareness (which all of the Freshmen have displayed) and his defense. I think he has played very well on the defensive end when you consider that Cal has stated that they have not even worked on defense this year. Has he gotten beaten on some drives? Sure, but so has the entire team. What I like his you can tell he is a "willing" defender because he gets down in the proper stance and rotates to help.

I'm not sure he will start because Cal has a ton of options, but I think he will be in the rotation. UK will need his outside shooting in games this year.

[ 08-16-2014, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com