TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » James Young talks about this years team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: James Young talks about this years team
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-30-2014 01:25 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can tell by what he says we are going to be one tough basketball team.

James Young insisted Tuesday he was not that surprised Willie Cauley-Stein opted to return for his junior season even though he was projected as a first-round draft pick like Young and Julius Randle were.

“I mean, he wanted to come back and win a national championship, so he has to do what he has to do when he comes back. He’s getting healthy and stuff like that, so he should be good,” Young said during a stop in Lexington for the John Calpari ProCamp.

He said Cauley-Stein’s experience could be huge for UK’s freshmen.

“It’s gonna help the freshmen out a lot, just so they’ll know what to do during practice and stuff like that — how Jon (Hood) was for us last year. Willie can just take that role and really just teach them the ways,” Young said.

He’s also not worried about who will fill the void he left at small forward.

“I feel like Alex (Poythress could. I’m pretty sure he’s out here working on his ball-handling and stuff like that, so I feel like could be the best guy for that,” Young said.

He also expects guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison to benefit from the experience they gained as freshmen last year.

“They can just go out there and just ball like they did down the stretch, and I feel like they’ll do a lot of things for the team,” he said. “They already know what’s gonna happen before games and stuff like that. They shouldn’t be nervous about anything, how we were last year. Just go out there and play basketball.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com