TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal admits coaching former players appeals to him

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal admits coaching former players appeals to him
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-30-2014 08:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It really looks like the NBA is something Cal is going to do and it's just a matter of time until he finds the right situation. imo

Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com not only got to watch Kentucky practice this week, but he got an interview with coach John Calipari and the UK coach talked about a variety of things that he has not gone into with the media covering UK since last season ended.

Rothstein asked Calpari if he still had a “curiosity” about coaching in the NBA after being approached by several teams during the offseason when he chose to stay at UK.

“When it came down to that, what happens is this. There wasn’t just one team that called. So what it comes back to then is what we’ve done here for five years. What happens if another five years takes place? Now all of a sudden, we’re talking about a run of — what if we have 40 guys taken in a 10-year period?” Calipari said.

“You’re talking about 15 percent of the league coming from us. That’s not even talking about stuff like, is Derrick Rose still playing? Is Tyreke Evans still playing? Is Chris Douglas-Roberts still playing? So that appeals to me. That does.

“And people say I only want guys in the NBA. Well, let’s see. We’ve won more games than everybody, we’ve went to three Final Fours, we’ve went to two final games, we could have won three national titles.

“I hate to tell you but we could have won four, because my first year was my most talented team. We weren’t an execution team, though. If that team in 2010 was an execution team we would have lost no games. But we weren’t. We started too many young guys who didn’t have enough experience to be able to do that.

“But this is unique. I’m not sure anybody has ever been in this type of position to help these many kids doing it this way.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 07-30-2014 11:31 AM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That matter of time imo will be next year. But plenty of Good coaches will be available. I will wish him well if he decides to leave the Greatest Basketball program ever.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-30-2014 01:21 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't believe he's going anywhere.
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com