TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Picture of Kentucky 2014 2015 team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Picture of Kentucky 2014 2015 team
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-20-2014 02:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

John Calipari’s teams always seem to be stacked with talent, but few have blended his signature blue-chip freshmen with experienced veteran players like the 2014-15 team will. The Kentucky coach has to be proud today. On Facebook, he posted that he arrived on campus after being on the road, and found what looks like almost his entire group of scholarship players playing a game.

To get Kentucky fans all excited, Calipari took the opportunity to take a picture, perhaps the first, of his full 2014-15 roster. Expect to see plenty of this bunch going forward, the season is only a few short months away.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-20-2014 02:42 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who is the white guy in the middle, and who is the heavyset one next to Willie?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-20-2014 04:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, the white guy in the middle is actually Devin Booker and the player by WCS I think is Trey Lyles.

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-20-2014 05:34 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is absolutely correct.
Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 07-20-2014 11:33 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Booker is not White. He is mixed.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
Gunny
Player
Member # 2869

posted 07-21-2014 05:46 AM      Profile for Gunny   Email Gunny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well for sure they are tall. You know Willie is very tall. The blue and white line on the wall shows several guys about the same height as him. I think we have 3 seven footers this year. Very tall team.

--------------------
USMC/Gunny

Posts: 332 | From: Elizabethtown Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-21-2014 07:59 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gunny you are right we have 3 seven footers and 9 out of the 12 players in the picture are 6'6 or taller. That is one big basketball team.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-25-2014 08:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hawkins looks like he has added a lot of muscle, especially in his arms. He is going to be one strong defender..

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-25-2014 08:55 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really wonder how much playing time Hawkins will get. I'm afraid either he or Booker will be disappointed in their amount of playing time.

[ 07-25-2014, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-25-2014 09:08 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy you may be right but both Hawkins and Booker each have one thing going for themselves that will help them get some playing time. If Booker is the shooter he has been advertised to be he will get minutes. Talented shooters are hard to come by and when you have one they definitely get minutes and the same can be side about Hawkins only his specialty is defense. If he is stronger this year it's only going to make him a even better defensive player than last season. If any guard starts killing us from the outside we have Hawkins to the rescue. It looks like this teams depth is what sets them apart from other Kentucky talented teams. I guess time will tell just how good they are going to be and how long it will take to get there.

[ 07-25-2014, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com