TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Media ready to see Towns, Ulis & Harrisons play

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Media ready to see Towns, Ulis & Harrisons play
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-13-2014 08:33 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be interesting to see the team play and how they fit together. If they are as good as advertised and Cal can get them to play as a team it could be a very special season.

Question: Who is the one player you are already anxious to watch play during the upcoming basketball season and why?

Mary Jo Perino, former WLEX-TV sports anchor: “There are just so many players to choose from, which is a nice problem to have. But for me, I am most excited to see Karl Towns play. He’s been on our radar for years, ever since he was 15 years old. Now to finally see him in blue, I’m anxious to see how his game transitions to the college level. I’m excited to see him play along side other big guys and see how his outside game really is. We have grown accustomed to seeing some fantastic play from the big guys in Cal’s system. But Towns seems to be a different kind of big guy. He will be the one I’ve really got my eye on when the season rolls around. By the way, how do we get that season to get here faster?”

Keith Taylor, Winchester Sun: “Really interested in seeing how much the Harrison twins improve and pick up where they left off last season and how they respond with one year of college under their belt. Will Andrew become more pass first than shoot oriented? Will Aaron develop into one of the best shooting guards in the country? How will both players respond to the lofty expectations placed on this team?”

Tyler Thompson, Kentucky Sports Radio: “This may sound odd considering all of the players on the roster who decided to return to school, but I’m most excited to see freshman Tyler Ulis. The word around Lexington is Ulis is already impressing during summer workouts, and while he probably won’t start, I think Ulis will create a lot of buzz, and not only because he’s 5-9. Ulis is an old school point guard in that he focuses more on distributing than scoring, and for that reason, he’s unlike any point guard we’ve seen during the Calipari Era at Kentucky. Plus, he’s got that ‘short man’ chip on his shoulder that makes him absolutely fearless. During the various All-American games, Ulis often played alongside Emmanuel Mudiay, a bigger point guard more in the Andrew Harrison mold, and because their styles are so different, I’ll be curious to see if Cal often plays the two at the same time. From what we’ve heard so far, Ulis is too dynamic not to find his way in the lineup at some point.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com