TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Could Young be on the Celtics trading block?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could Young be on the Celtics trading block?
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-10-2014 08:51 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they would trade anyone to get Love..

Rumors at this time of year about college basketball and the NBA never cease.

Now comes one that the Boston Celtics might be ready to trade James Young to obtain Kevin Love and the reason he is not playing in the summer league is to avoid injury and not the neck problems associated with a recent car accident.

Here is part of what Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe wrote this week: “According to two NBA sources, Ainge has been dogged in his pursuit of Love, and several agents believe he has the creativity to put together an attractive package. The Celtics are essentially out of salary cap space, but they do have a $10.2 million trade exception from the Paul Pierce deal they have to use by Saturday. They also have potentially talented rookie James Young to offer in a deal. While Young was ruled out of summer league with a neck injury, there was speculation the Celtics are keeping him on ice in case of a potential deal.”

Of course, former Wildcat Rajon Rondo, Boston’s point guard, just recently told Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe that he was happy to have draft picks Marcus Smart and Young on his team.

“I think we got some good picks, some really good picks,” Rondo told Holmes. “What I like about Smart is that he competes. He kind of reminds me [of myself]. I like the guys that compete and remind me of myself … And then Young, I’ve been watching him since he played at Kentucky. He’s a knockdown shooter. I’ve heard that he’s even a better shooter than what we’ve seen in the games. It’ll be fun to get to practice with both these guys, to get to know them, to get a feel for them, what they like to do, where they like the ball, and just continue to grow.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-10-2014 03:30 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
I think they would trade anyone to get Love[/b]

Link

If Ainge can do that you have to. I think Young will be a terrific pro, but there is no thinking Love will be a terrific pro. LOL.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-10-2014 04:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TB, It depends on what else besides Young it takes to get Love but yes he is special and one of the "very best" players in the league. The Celtics would improve over night with Love in the line up.

I miss not being able to see Young play in the summer games to see how he would fit in with Boston. I have watched Smart in the Celtics two games and he has not looked good at all but it's early still. It takes time to adjust to the size and athleticism of the NBA players.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 07-10-2014 04:14 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know some will disagree with me but I thought the Celtics had a terrible draft in taking Smart and Young. I don't feel that either will ever be a big time NBA player, too many weaknesses at the college level to excel at the pro level. If they can trade Young away for Love, they will improve their roster considerably but it should take a lot more than an unproven Young go get Love from his team.

[ 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-10-2014 09:48 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray, we may be both wrong as I am with you. Smart is strong and can play defense but he doesn't have the quickness of the better NBA point guards and he certainly isn't a good enough shooter to be a shooting guard. His athletic ability and defensive ability will get him playing time but I think Boston should have gone with Randle. Young is not big or strong enough to play the 3 in the NBA and his shooting numbers do not warrant being a NBA starting shooting guard (imo). (40% on field goals and 34% 3pt f/g% and that's his college stats)

--------------------

Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 07-13-2014 09:30 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Imo the Celtics, my favorite pro team, blew a draft, that they had top picks in, they should have taken Randle, at 7, he was there, and then Young at 17. Ainge blew this draft. [Confused]

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-13-2014 10:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GB, couldn't agree with you more.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-14-2014 12:11 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ainge needs to hit the road. But the Wizards just got Paul Pierce to go with Wall.
Posts: 14120 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-14-2014 08:04 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pierce is long in the tooth but knows the game as good as anyone and will give the Wizards some good minutes.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com