TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Towns studies the best so he can become the best

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Towns studies the best so he can become the best
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-06-2014 04:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He is a devoted player and wants to become the best player he can be which is exciting to say the least.

At this point, Karl Towns Jr. is fully aware that it’s become somewhat cliché for elite players to rave about the occasional time they devout to studying past greats.

Blame the throwback jersey fashion fad of the early 2000s or the ever-increasing desire for elite players to set themselves apart.

For that reason, Towns, who’s now settling in to his first freshman summer session at Kentucky, makes sure he’s not studying NBA legends just occasionally

I do it every day,” Towns said matter-of-factly. “I definitely try and pick up their habits and pick up pointers from watching old videos and things like that. I learn a lot from watching them. They all have a lot in common. They’re all just crazy competitors; that’s not something I had to learn though; I was born wanting to be the best at everything.”

Still, if the study of past greats was a cliché proclamation for an elite young player then professing to be a natural born competitor has to trump even that, right?

It’s a lot more believable when Towns raves about the fact that he’s got the biggest foot (size 20) in Kentucky hoops history, and when he excitedly begins to reel off the list of things he competes to be the best at on a daily basis.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com