TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » NBA scout to Harrisons: Go Back

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NBA scout to Harrisons: Go Back
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-18-2014 09:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't see Andrew playing point guard in the NBA at this time and Aaron isn't ready either.
I would bet they will be back at Kentucky. The NBA is so fast and that is what will make it tough on both of them. You can't teach speed, you either have it or you don't.

Although there is a glut of frontcourt talent, the backcourt is not as deep, so the decisions of guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison are especially intriguing and important. An NBA scout for one of the Eastern Conference's premier teams believes the choice is obvious.

"It'd be good for both of them to go back next year," said the scout, who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to discuss draft prospects. "That's what I'd advise them to do. I don't think anybody is really high on them."

Before the twins had ever played a college game, they were viewed as surefire first-round draft picks. Then a difficult regular season revealed flaws and raised questions. Then a redemptive postseason run showed their potential once more.

The belief in NBA circles is that the 6-foot-6 twin brothers remain genuinely torn, the scout said. One Eastern Conference general manager told him the twins' father, Aaron Sr., wanted his sons to declare for the draft, but a lukewarm response from the league has given the family some pause.

The scout, who followed UK closely all season, said that if the twins leave, his franchise would be unlikely to draft either of them. Many teams are intrigued by their size, he said, but there are questions about their speed, explosiveness and shooting ability.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-18-2014 09:46 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I had a kid in college today and he was a first round draft pick (based on potential), I'd tell him not to leave college until he got his degree.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com