TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cal and timing

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cal and timing
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 04-17-2014 09:35 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it just me or did Cal's interview on the Dan Patrick show make everyone else a little uneasy on his future at UK? When asked if he saw himself at UK in 3-5 years if the one-and-done rule had not changed he replied "It would be tough". I personally don't see the rule changing that soon and I'm afraid that Cal is going to use that as an excuse to try the NBA again. I would actually be more surprised if he stays for 5 more years than I would be if he tried the NBA again.

Something else that has been on my mind is all this movement of Richard Pitino. What if he ends up at Tennessee and is highly successful, and say in two years Cal jumps ship like Ricky P did...would UK look at Richard Pitino? Could UK have another Pitino at the helm? Would the fans want him? This could all go down at the same time of his dad retiring.

Just put my daydreams into words.

[ 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: AshTuckyUKfan ]

Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 09:54 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a nightmare to me. I find it hard to believe Cal would leave Kentucky for the NBA. He tried the NBA and it did not work out at all, surely he realizes this and will call Kentucky his home until he retires.

If Pitino junior ever was named the Kentucky coach the Big Blue Nation would go nuts. It will never happen. If junior proves himself at Minnesota I can see him the Louisville coach after daddy retires however. I wouldn't doubt if that isn't the plan.

[ 04-17-2014, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 04-17-2014 10:53 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will predict that Coach Cal will serve out his current contract (5 years) and possibly beyond.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com