TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis-Booker will fight for floor time if Harrison's stay

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis-Booker will fight for floor time if Harrison's stay
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 04:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to love it when these soon to be Cat's aren't afraid to play hard for their playing time. They both will get their share of court time no matter what the Harrison's decide to do.

On ESPN’s Top 100, Ulis is the fourth-ranked point guard and Booker is the third-ranked shooting guard so whether the Harrison twins will be back next year or not will simply determine whether or not there is a logjam in the backcourt to go along with the stacked frontcourt Kentucky will have next year due to Cauley-Stein’s return. The Wildcats also have Trey Lyles, the second-ranked power forward and Karl-Anthony Towns, the third-ranked center coming to play alongside Ulis and Booker next season.

“It’s great that Willie’s staying, coming back, that gives us another 7-footer on the team,” Ulis said after practice at Basketball City in Manhattan. “He’s great blocking shots, he’s good around the rim, rebounding the ball, running the floor and I think that’s great for me as a point guard because when I see bigs running the floor I’m going to feed them, throw it up court to them. So I think it’s going to work out well.”

Booker echoed Ulis’ sentiment.

Devin Booker“It’s big for us, we’ve got a rim protector,” he said. “Marcus Lee is a rim protector also, but there’s only one Willie Cauley-Stein. He’s a special player. He sets good screens, rebounds and blocks shots. That’s probably what he’s best at, blocking shots. That’s just someone that you want around, a rim protector and also we’re going to have experience coming back.”

Ulis touched upon what Calipari has planned for him and Booker regardless of whether the Harrisons return to Kentucky or not.

“Coach Cal told me that even if they [Harrisons] leave or stay that I’ll have to earn my position,” he said. “If they stay, that would be great for our team. That gives us a few more bodies and the bench will be pretty good as well. If they stay, that’s a decision and I just want them to make the best decision for them.”

While a return for the Harrison twins might mean a bench role or less playing time for Ulis, there is the possibility of him sharing the court with one or both of them at the same time.

“Andrew’s 6-foot-5, he’s big too. I’m pretty sure if he stays we’d be on the court at one time or another together,” he said. “Coach Cal hasn’t talked much about their decision. We’re just waiting to see what they’re going to do. I’m pretty sure Coach Cal will let us play together. He’s just going to put whoever is producing on the floor.”

Booker, a potential backcourt mate for Ulis, offered his thoughts on what may come of the Harrisons’ decision in the near future.

“I think that would be good for us if they [Harrisons] come back,” he said. “Like I said, more experience, but I wish the best for them. That’s their decision and I wish the best for them. I think they’d be good either way because I’ve played against them and they’re really good players. I really respect them.”

He also discussed how he sees next year going both individually and for the Wildcats as a whole.

“I just want to fit into the team and play my game,” Booker continued. “I don’t want to get too caught up in all the media, like I felt they did at the beginning of the year. I just want to play my own game look to win and try to get wins with the team. After this year’s long run, I think everyone is expecting a championship after them coming up short in the championship.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-17-2014 08:21 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Competition during practice only improves team!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123963 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 08:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The competition next season is going to be a war and like MH says it's what going to make the Cats that much better. There is no way next years team has 11 losses like this years team and maybe even a SEC championship too.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com