TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » CATS Futures (What I'd Like To See)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CATS Futures (What I'd Like To See)
FlaCatz
Player
Member # 925

posted 04-17-2014 07:03 AM      Profile for FlaCatz   Email FlaCatz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Already recognized for developing NBA PG's, if Coach Cal and the administration added a BIG's Coach to the staff who can work with all of these top big men I see tremendous upside to the future of the BBN......

If Willie can develop a 10-15 foot game, add 10-15 pounds of ass, and shows he can consistently bank in or knock down the little jump shot, he has the athleticism, lateral quickness, good hands and runs the floor well enough he could easily be used at the 4 (we are not very deep behind Poythress) that allows some breaks for Poy, and more minutes for Willie, which in turn opens up more minutes for Dakhari, Lee, and Towns......... With his already identified between the blocks defensive abilities, at 7'0 Willies NBA stock would JUMP up the boards with just a little extended skill set.....

I would also be developing Lee for the same options and reasons......Lean, explosive, hands and add in a nice little mid-range, he could improve his NBA stock as well and Kentucky could be the stop for BIGS to develop too.....

Coach Cal likes explosive. slasher types who can run.......... Then lets start them out as Quarters and make Thoroughbreds out of them all.... that way when we go to Louisville next year, our horses will run in the YUM Stakes instead of at Churchill Downs...

Dakhari is the only TRUE Big Man on the roster... and by BIG, I mean biscuits and gravy big, to bang with the bigger buffet busters in the league.....

Randle led the nation in double doubles because he was the STRONGEST, most tenacious rebounder underneath.... He out rebounded other TEAMS because he was always doubled down low..... look at every picture of Randle and there is a date hangin on each arm, and he's takin these girls to the prom....

Explosive Bigs, at 4, and 5, only opens the door for more Top Recruits to visit Camp Kentucky......

THAT is what I would like to see.. [Wink]

[ 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: FlaCatz ]

--------------------
Pray for our Service Members and their families left behind!

Posts: 8880 | From: Lawrenceburg, Indiana | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 10:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great post FC, the future does look bright with all the talented bigs. The only thing I see that could be better is another knock down shooter to go with or back up Booker. The point guard could or could not be a problem with Ulis and Hawkins if the Harrisons head off to the NBA. If they stay we look to have everything covered and look to have a great chance to win a ton of game if not the National Championship.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com