TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Cats looking at Devonta Pollard

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cats looking at Devonta Pollard
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-16-2014 01:44 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This guy is and always has been bad news and why we would even think about recruiting him with his past is really strange no matter how good he is.

Despite everything that has happened to Pollard, it hasn't scared off potential suitors. Pollard returning to Alabama isn't an option, according to White, but he could land back in the SEC.

Missouri, Kentucky and Troy are three schools after the talented forward, but Pollard hasn't set up visits with any schools. White says he met with Pollard last week and talked recruiting, but that it's anyone's guess to where he ends up.

"Everybody is trying to call and text me to try to get involved," White said. "Out of high school, he waited until the very end. I wouldn't be surprised if he (did) that again."

Pollard will have until May 21 to sign a binding letter of intent with a Division-I school, though he could ultimately wait and enroll at a school without a letter of intent. The former Mr. Basketball certainly has the talent to be successful at a high level of college basketball, but his junior college coach believes he needs to work on his perimeter skills in order to have better success than he did at Alabama.

"Ball-handling is going to be his key if he's going to play high-major basketball," he said. "He can't be 6-8, 200 pounds and play inside. He has to have a perimeter, mid-ranged kind of game. To be a factor at that level, his game has to continue to improve from a perimeter aspect. But he's a first-class athlete…they don't come much more athletic than Devonta Pollard."

Link

[ 04-16-2014, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 04-16-2014 04:28 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't he involved with some kind of kidnapping scheme with his mom? Then he testified against her? I don't know about this one.

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 11:40 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ol Blue, exactly he has had his problems but hopefully he will turn his life around. He is as talented as they come and would benefit with Cal's no nonsense policy. Whatever he decides to do I hope he makes good use of it and turns out to be a productive person.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-17-2014 08:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You got to remember that Cal has a second chances policy as well. I'm not sure he's what we need but you never can tell which direction Cal will take with some of these boys!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123962 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-17-2014 09:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Cal does take Pollard you can bet he is coming in with a rule that one mistake means your out the door. He will not give him any slack and he shouldn't.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com