TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » BREAKING NEWS WILLIE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS WILLIE
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-14-2014 07:04 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
is coming back for his junior year!! [Big Grin]

Everyone’s excited Willie’s returning for his junior season, especially John Calipari. Cal tweeted this moments ago:

I’m happy for Willie and also proud of him for making the best decision for him and his family. Being in school for at least three years will get him closer to having a degree and will help him prepare for the next level and life afterwards.

UK also sent out an official statement about Willie’s return, in which Willie said his desire to win a National Championship and get his degree was too strong to give up for the NBA:

“I want to come back and have a chance to win a national championship, while also getting closer to earning my degree,” Cauley-Stein said. “Being at the Final Four this year was special, but not being able to help my teammates on the floor was tough. I look forward to helping us get back there next year, while playing in front of the best fans in the nation.”

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Green-Bean
Player
Member # 13551

posted 04-14-2014 07:06 PM      Profile for Green-Bean   Email Green-Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great decision from a great young man.

--------------------
I was Born A Wildcat!
That's All I'll Ever Be!

Posts: 2290 | From: Newport Ky. | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-14-2014 07:33 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Willie, Dakari (hopefully), Lee, Poythress (hopefully) and Towns - there will not be any concern over our big guys getting in foul trouble next year.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-14-2014 08:04 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Willis!! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-14-2014 08:09 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Made my day!!!!!!!
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukman
Player
Member # 3032

posted 04-14-2014 08:12 PM      Profile for ukman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Lyles. I see Willis, if he gets time, getting it at the three. We will have the deepest, and most talented frontcourt in the nation. Johnson, WCS, Lee, Towns, Lyles. I hope Cal can play them all and use them effectively. We should never have a post player that is tired next season. Just keep bringing them in in waves and wear other posts down. Talk about versatility too. You have Lyles and Johnson who can bang down low, Towns can step out and shoot and score from the post, and then the athletic freaks in Lee and WCS. If the guards can get the posts the ball and hit some outside shots we should be very good. We should really be able to go inside effectively. I hope Poy really works on his ball handling and shooting so he can play the three. If Harrison's come back we could have an unbelievably deep team.
Posts: 5424 | From: georgia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-14-2014 08:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a big time fun year with lots of talent.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uncSUCKS
Player
Member # 2148

posted 04-14-2014 09:40 PM      Profile for uncSUCKS   Email uncSUCKS   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's great but I'd rather have one of the twins or Young come back. We are loaded with bigs but will be very weak at guard play next year.
Unless Cal wants to play zone...

--------------------
"God is great, beer is good.....and people are crazy!"

Posts: 3241 | From: stuck in the land of the tarhole ! | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-14-2014 10:40 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll guarantee you that it won't be any easier to get it in to the post than it was this year. They'll still pack it in till we show we can shoot. Maybe Ulis, Booker, Towns and Lyles can hit it more frequently than we did this year.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-14-2014 11:03 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the other hand bama the other team better be good from the outside as they wont get nothing inside! [Smile]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Soup_Bean
Recruit
Member # 12586

posted 04-15-2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Soup_Bean   Email Soup_Bean   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You gotta just love Willie. Not so much because he's coming back (which is great) but why he's coming back. He loves being a kid, he loves being around other kids, he loves the college life, he loves the Ky fans (who adore him), his honesty and free spirit. These are the things that consume him, not riches. He reminds me somewhat of DeMarcus Cousins.

I'm glad we have a coach that can bring in top notch talent every year, but I think we all miss the "getting to know" the players who are off to the NBA after one year.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-15-2014 08:50 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our 3 point shooting can't be any worse than it was this year. We did not have one player that shot the 3 ball 36.1% or better and he only made nine 3's the whole season. I can't imagine how this can happen this coming year even though it looks like they will not be that much better. It's hard to believe with the fantastic recruits we bring in we can't find a knock down 3 point shooter every year. It has to be a priority or it will get you in the end.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
tenessee cat
Recruit
Member # 12251

posted 04-15-2014 10:47 AM      Profile for tenessee cat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
GOOD CHOICE WILLIE...HOPE THE HARRISONS STICK AROUND SO WE HAVE EXPERIENCE RUNNING THE OFFENSE. WE WILL BE HUGE UP FRONT.

--------------------
the blue mist never fades

Posts: 39 | From: gallatin, tn | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 04-15-2014 10:55 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I honestly believe that Poy could turn himself into a lottery pick next season with more play time. If he develops a shot, watch out. Still has untapped potential imho. He is a force around the rim and finishes strong...
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 04-15-2014 11:39 AM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is good reason to believe others may be coming back. Willie sent out a tweet this morning which says he knows something the rest of us don't and it is good news.

Hopefully, we will hear something today or tomorrow.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
blue4real
Player
Member # 650

posted 04-15-2014 04:16 PM      Profile for blue4real   Email blue4real   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is awesome news! I know it's a day old, but I'm still really excited by this news. I think he will dominate next year and obviously it will really help Dakari (if he comes back), Lee, Towns and Lyles to have so much depth.

[ 04-15-2014, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: blue4real ]

Posts: 229 | From: Paducah,KY,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-15-2014 09:35 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember I was the first to say only Randle leaves. I may be wrong but I'm thinking not too far wrong. Young could also go but I still think the rest stay and we have a full 13 man roster with everyone good enough to contribute something.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-15-2014 09:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea bama but wasnt based on "not good enough"(yet) vs "should stay"?

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com