TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » I Do Not Understand

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Do Not Understand
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-17-2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How one can play the top seed in the tournament to a one point game and get an eight seed is totally beyond my reasoning ability. The selection committee sucks.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-17-2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't expect it, but how I would LOVE making it to the final four!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Ol' Blue
Player
Member # 2317

posted 03-17-2014 05:53 PM      Profile for Ol' Blue   Email Ol' Blue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Duke got beat in a close game against then number one syracuse and jumped six spots.
UK loses by one to the number one UF and still are not ranked.
GO figure? Clearly there are some agendas at work here!

--------------------
Number nine will be divine!!

A man needs something to believe in.........I believe I'll have another beer!

Posts: 2274 | From: Roanoke, TX | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
AshTuckyUKfan
Player
Member # 3065

posted 03-17-2014 10:06 PM      Profile for AshTuckyUKfan     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until Duke lost they were in the discussion for a #1 seed!! Blew my mind, and now they have 8 losses and are a 3 seed with an SOS in the 40's. UK has 10 losses with an SOs of 4, hmmm.
Posts: 369 | From: Ashland KY | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 03-17-2014 10:43 PM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think there are two things at work here. One, the preseason hype of 40-0 makes 24-10 look awful. Second, I truly believe the media and the NCAA dislike Cal for the one and done system. I can assure you if we progress through the tournament the talking heads will mention one and done ad nauseum. I sure would like to see the Cats make the committee eat their words (or in this case, their hose job seeding) and win it all.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-17-2014 11:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you guys but the MI ST, Baylor, UNC, AR (2 times), LSU, FL (3 times), and SC losses for 9 make it very hard to justify a much higher seed. Although the last one to FL was 1 point at the buzzer we lost to AR and FL at home. The only big win we had was Louisville. We were definitely getting better in the SEC Tourney but they just don't put that much weight on it. If this team would have gotten serious much earlier we would have been at least a 3 or 4 seed. I don't like it but they did it to themselves and we shouldn't feel sorry for them. If they want to show everyone they belonged higher all they have to do is play two great games this weekend. I think the KS ST game will be harder than Wichita ST. but we can win them both if they don't make some head up their a-- plays.
Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
2milesfromRupp
Recruit
Member # 12640

posted 03-18-2014 02:36 AM      Profile for 2milesfromRupp   Email 2milesfromRupp   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My mind can't get a hold of how Kansas can be a 2 seed. It seems they got beat every week of the season.

But I don't feel as bad about that as I would if I were WSU. The ncaa truly does not want a mid major team in the final four again this year. The tv ratings fall through the floor. They put every obstacle in their bracket to avoid that situation. The only team missing in this bracket is the Miami Heat.

--------------------
I'd walk 2 miles to see the CATS at Rupp

Posts: 22 | From: 2milesfromRupp | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-18-2014 09:37 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:
How one can play the top seed in the tournament to a one point game and get an eight seed is totally beyond my reasoning ability. The selection committee sucks.

Norm, I hear ya but I really think what screwed us was the South Carolina game, you just can't loose against a terrible SEC basement team. We should have beaten them with our second team.
Posts: 1494 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-18-2014 09:45 AM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue Hoot,
I agree, the SC game killed them. Horrible loss and real bad record against top 25...1-6 pretty much stinks

Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 03-18-2014 11:06 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really do understand why we didn't get a high seed, but how in the hell did Puke get a 3, higher even than Louisville? There is no justice when it comes to those #@& holes.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rupps runt65
Player
Member # 1286

posted 03-18-2014 12:37 PM      Profile for rupps runt65   Email rupps runt65   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because they are ESPN'S fair haired little boy. I agree with you Norm, cant stand the Pukies. Have watched them play this year a bit...they have nothing and I mean zero inside game or rebounding. If the threes aint fallin, they aint wining...
Posts: 860 | From: jacksonville, fl. u.s.a. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
bleedblue12
Player
Member # 3137

posted 03-18-2014 02:31 PM      Profile for bleedblue12        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Again, Puke does not have to travel far from home to play in regional. It seems like every year they are playing games in NC. I'm sure they've been shipped out west before, but it does not happen very often.
Posts: 90 | From: fishers, in | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-18-2014 05:18 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bleedblue12:
Again, Puke does not have to travel far from home to play in regional. It seems like every year they are playing games in NC. I'm sure they've been shipped out west before, but it does not happen very often.

Agree! The NCAA might as well have the final four at the Greensboro Coliseum! lol
Posts: 1494 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-18-2014 06:41 PM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raleigh is actually closer to their campus than Greensboro, I think. They won't even have to leave their dorms for these games.
Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
bayer
Administrator
Member # 462

posted 03-18-2014 08:08 PM      Profile for bayer   Email bayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK got what it earned on the floor and now, if they really have improved as much as they showed in the SEC Championship game, they will get what they earn in the Tournament.

One semi-great game against Florida could not make up for losses to Ark, LSU and USC.

--------------------
Kentucky Basketball - Once Again, A Way of Life in the Bluegrass State!

Posts: 17281 | From: the center of Big Blue Nation!!! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-18-2014 11:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bayer it's very clear why we ended up where we did. When it takes you all the way thru the season before you can "Get It", you deserve what you get. Now there is a new season and you have a chance to show what it took you 31 games to learn. I would love to see them make the NCAA selection committee look like fools.
Posts: 14116 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SCWC
Player
Member # 2464

posted 03-19-2014 06:14 AM      Profile for SCWC     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had no problem with where they were seeded. They had those bad losses to Arkansas twice, South Carolina, last place in the SEC and actually lost two home games. This team are very inconsistent and could flame out against Kansas State on Friday night. Their wins in the SEC were good considering the last part of the regular season but they really did not beat anyone in Georgia and LSU. Florida got sloppy in the second half and let them back in that game, one they could have won with a lot of luck which they did not get. I have just not been that impressed with this team all season long. Little to no team chemistry, poor defense, poor three point and free throw shooting will not take you very far in the NCAA tournament.

I would love to see them become the second eighth seed to win it all but my expectations are very low for this group. I just hope they can beat Kansas State and if they do, that is the only NCAA tournament win I expect them to get.

[ 03-19-2014, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: SCWC ]

Posts: 17777 | From: Myrtle Beach, SC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com