TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Ulis looks to be a good 3 point shooter.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ulis looks to be a good 3 point shooter.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2014 09:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
5-5 3 pointers in the first quarter sounds like he is going to be awfully helpful and if he does that at Kentucky it's really going to open up our offense.

Tyler Ulis has done just about everything to take over a game in the fourth quarter and swing it in favor of Marian Catholic.

The Kentucky recruit showed why he is one of the best and why he is McDonald's All-American. He took over Tuesday's Class 4A Thornton Sectional semifinal right from the start.

He left no doubt in the Spartans' 66-45 win. Heck, when he left the game with two minutes left, he had 40 points, the same as Bloom Township.

When you have a thoroughbred, a Secretariat, you ride him. For Marian, that big race could be the Class 4A crown on March 22 in Peoria.

He drilled five 3-pointers in the first quarter on on 5-of-5 shooting. He hit a 23-foot 3 with 2:20 left in the first quarter and came back with about a 25-footer.

"My shot was just falling," Ulis said. "Coach (Mike) Taylor told me to come out and be aggressive, make things happen and I did. I think it opened up things for the other guys who were open."

Ulis is a master at getting other players involved and he did that Tuesday, but in another way teammate Josh Cohn said.

"He got hot right away and then they started doubling on him," Cohn said. "That opened things up for us and he found us. He found me a couple of times in the first quarter and Terrone (Parham), too.

"That is why he is a McDonald's All-American."

Cohn knocked down two first-quarter 3s.

"We wanted Tyler to set the tone early and he did," Taylor said. "He controlled the flow of the game and that is what we needed."

Bloom Township had no answer for Ulis, and coach Ron Ashlaw said Ulis was on fire. One day those long 3s may count as 4-pointers at another level.

"That is why he is going to Kentucky and I believe he will play at the highest level," Ashlaw said. "What do you do? You try to get a hand up, but if you try to crowd him, he is that good that he will drive past you or hit an open man.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-24-2014 10:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If the defenses have to cover him close because of his 3 point shooting he will be around them in a millisecond. He going to be fun to watch.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-25-2014 06:50 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He's a solid guard that I'M HOPING, will be around for a few years!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-25-2014 03:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will he get much playing time now that the Harrison's are coming back?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-26-2014 06:35 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he can back up either position so I'd be suprised if he doesn't earn double digit minutes next year!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com