TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » UK recruiting quiz

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UK recruiting quiz
eleem
Player
Member # 884

posted 06-17-2013 10:04 PM      Profile for eleem   Email eleem   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1: UK’s 2013 class includes a record six McDonald’s All-Americans, which increases the Cats’ number under John Calipari to an amazing 16. Which one of these Calipari recruits was not a McDonald’s All-American?

A) John Wall

B) DeMarcus Cousins

C) Doron Lamb

D) Marquis Teague

2: The Naismith High School Player of the Year Award has been given annually since 1987. Who is the only future UK player to earn the honor?

3: Derek Willis will wear No. 35 next season at Kentucky. Who was the last UK player to wear that number?

4: A freshman has led Kentucky in scoring in each of John Calipari’s four seasons as head coach. Which freshman has had the highest points-per-game average in that time?

5: The top eight players on UK’s freshman scoring list have played for John Calipari. Before Calipari’s arrival, who held the school record for most points by a freshman?

6: Dominique Hawkins will be a freshman at UK next season after winning Kentucky Mr. Basketball honors for Madison Central. Who was the last Mr. Basketball from an 11th Region school to play for UK?

7: Derek Willis was actually committed to another school before pledging to Kentucky. What was that school?

8: There are three players from Texas in UK’s recruiting class of 2013: Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison and Julius Randle. According to bigbluehistory.net  , only two other UK players have hailed from the Lone Star State. Who are they?

9: The Recruiting Services Consensus Index has calculated consensus rankings for every class dating to 1998. Before John Calipari arrived at UK, the Cats had never had a No. 1 overall RSCI prospect. But Tubby Smith did successfully recruit the No. 2 overall player one year. Who was it?

10: Julius Randle’s mother, Carolyn Kyles, accompanied her son on all of his official visits during the recruiting process, and every school along the way had her favorite kind of cake ready for her to sample. What kind of cake was it?

Link
Clink to get the answers

[ 06-18-2013, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: eleem ]

Posts: 13248 | From: flatwoods,ky. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Catwad
Recruit
Member # 2894

posted 06-18-2013 12:55 PM      Profile for Catwad   Email Catwad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A) John Wall
Posts: 2 | From: Somerset, KY | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-18-2013 05:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have confused me with #2, the
HS Naismith POY. For 2013 Wiggins was it but he went to Kansas. They haven't announced it for 2014 yet. It could end up being Karl Towns.

Posts: 14162 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 06-18-2013 06:49 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. John Wall
2. No clue
3. Reggie Hanson
4. Brandon Knight
5. Rex Champman
6. Don't know the regions in Kentucky, but I will guess Darius Miller
7. Purdue
8. Brassow and Burrow (I believe Burrow holds the rebounding mark at 27, I think Old Norm posted that once)
9. Keith Bogans
10. I read that somewhere but can't remember. I will go with Carrot!

I feel good about 6 of my answers.

Fun stuff!!

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 06-18-2013 06:56 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm beginning to wonder if that is suppose to say "former" and not "future". I know that Ron Mercer won the award, but not sure if any other Cat has won. Davis may have, but I think Rivers beat him out.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com