TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Basketball   » Karen Sypher's Story Finally OUT!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karen Sypher's Story Finally OUT!
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 08-11-2009 07:27 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Its on www.Courierjournal.com

She says he raped her in 2003, after meeting her in a bar in Louisville, when he learned she became pregnant with his unborn child, Pitino paid her $3,000, to have an abortion. This is the
story Karen Sypher gave to LPD in her report.

Pitino, also told police he had "consensual" sex with Sypher, and that he did infact give her $3,000, to have the abortion.

Now the truth has finally came to the surface.

Your thoughts?

[ 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Bluecat ]

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-11-2009 07:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good coach but probably not the classiest guy in town. Feel sorry for his family...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 181339 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-11-2009 07:53 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like that Karen Sypher is about the lowest form of human around to me. If you read the article it is pretty clear she was not "raped". She tried to turn consensual sex into black mail and then tried to put an "innocent" man behind bars by making false accusations.

No surprise here that Pitino had extra marital sex, it happened while he was at UK as well. Maybe he and his wife are swingers. [Wink]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11277 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-11-2009 08:42 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It happened to Mike Tyson and people call him a rapist! Poor guy was convicted in the clan state of INdiana. The same girl accused her boyfriend of more than a year of rape as well.

As for Pitino, no I don't think he is a rapist either. But, I don't see why his wife stays with him.

I have also heard rumors about a UL cheerleader. Those rich and famous guys should know that they can't keep that kind of stuff secret.

[ 08-11-2009, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: boomdaddy ]

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bluecat
Player
Member # 516

posted 08-11-2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Bluecat   Email Bluecat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know who the real victum is here?, the little unborn child who had no say on whether to be born or murdered, regardless of which "parent" is lying.

[ 08-12-2009, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Bluecat ]

--------------------

Bluecat

Posts: 8489 | From: louisville, ky, usa | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cychologist
Player
Member # 2767

posted 08-11-2009 09:54 PM      Profile for Cychologist     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Regardless of who is telling the truth, both stories are pretty tragic. Sad situation for all. (Even for us UK fans.)
Posts: 117 | From: Hopkinsille, Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-11-2009 10:31 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bluecat:
You know who the real vitum is here?, the little unborn chil who had no say on whether to be born or murdered, regardless of which "parent" is ;ying.

AMEN Blue.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 35884 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
BIGKATDADDY
Recruit
Member # 3095

posted 08-12-2009 12:09 AM      Profile for BIGKATDADDY     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea and he's catholic, and that is strictly against the catholic religion, killing the unborn . sad
Posts: 18 | From: KY | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2009 08:29 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are the odds of Pitino resigning or getting fired? I would bet their are a lot of angry cardinal fans this morning. You can forgive a coach alot but when it comes to abortion the odds go way down on the forgiveness possibility.

--------------------

Posts: 181339 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 08-12-2009 08:38 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do abortions really cost $3,000? Looks to me that he had already started her on the hush-money route.

Sypher is scum, but so is Pitino. Here's a man who has LOST a child paying for an abortion, just to keep his own name clean.

Fred

Posts: 6813 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-12-2009 10:21 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's all over ESPN. They even did a phone interview with Courier Journal's Crawford, who stated he didn't see Pitino taking a leave of absence, much less stepping down.
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 08-12-2009 10:54 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How much do you all think that this will affect his ability to recruit?

Fred

Posts: 6813 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 08-12-2009 12:47 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarMan:
How much do you all think that this will affect his ability to recruit?

Fred

Zero

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11277 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2009 01:11 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey is right but it is sad.

--------------------

jamborain
Player
Member # 2385

posted 08-12-2009 02:24 PM      Profile for jamborain   Author's Homepage   Email jamborain   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I disagree about his ability to recruit. With some players sure, they will not care, but it calls into play 3 things.

1. Do you want your kid playing for a guy who is going to be in the middle of this mess for some time with the possibility of leaving?
2. Dads might not care, but women see this differently and many a mom makes the final call.
3. Dads will look at him and think, "if you are going to be scum, at least have taste." From his choice of the woman, to having an assistant there, to having an assistant marry her- the guy is not only short on integrity, he is below respect.

All else being equal, this hurts him. I am so disappointed and I hate it for the unborn child, Pitino's children and wife, even the state of KY. I bet the last few years have not been nearly as fun with this hanging over him, always in the back of his mind. Wonder if he thinks it is worth it now?

--------------------
"They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on UK Basketball Tradition

Posts: 835 | From: atlanta | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 08-12-2009 02:38 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw on AOL that 62% of the voters (26,000) have lost respect for the scumbag.

--------------------

BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 08-12-2009 02:58 PM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it will affect his recruiting to some degree. He will still be able to get talent, but will be the type of talent he can work with.

I think that he might have to recruit a few more Derrick Caracter-type players than he wants. He might also have to loosen the leash a little on players to.

I can see him losing the type of players that really play with heart.

Fred

Roger
Player
Member # 2760

posted 08-12-2009 07:11 PM      Profile for Roger        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porcini's must have good food. Rick gives it 2 fingers up.
Posts: 339 | From: Louisville | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com